List of Employer Sponsor Companies

4mcnuts

Hi there!

Just wondering if anyone knows if such a list/website exists showing employer sponsors we can contact regarding employment opportunities for 457 Visas. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

mcnut3

This like the pot at the end of the rainbow!

Hope you find it!

Hi McNut3,

I see in your signature: TRA application rejected: November - (Wife) Chef Training not long enough ;)

How long does her training have to be? ;)

MelG

Hello MelG,

Don't actually know the answer to that (should probably ask the agent hey???), but she did an intensive course of a years training and they said that that was not long enough.

Mcnut3

hello Tracy

see you are from howick once upon a time. my wife's folks live down there. small world when one starts looking!

Mcnut3

Hi there!

Just wondering if anyone knows if such a list/website exists showing employer sponsors we can contact regarding employment opportunities for 457 Visas. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

mcnut3

Go to www.gumtree.co.za and search for "Australia sponsored"

You can also go to www.gumtree.com.au and seardh for sponsored jobs in Perth

Edited by Huisvrouki

Hey Mcnut3!

Yes, very small world!

Hi huisvrouki

Thanks for the gumtree lead. It was a great help. Gumtree allows city-specific searches which is excellent!

As calculations have shown, For every 7th person that you meet in the world, they will know someone that you know.. Its a calculated average.. I have tried to test this, and it works... a bit of trivia.

This is the latest message I got from a agent

:) "Thanks for your resume......sponsorship under 457 has been suspended in Australia for Personnel Agency's as of 1 Jan 08.......the only way to get sponsor is to go to the clients direct

therefore we are unable to assist u" :D

Do anyone know of possible sponsers for a SAP Project Manager?.....please

Hi Gerhard

Thanks for that info. We have been contacting potential employers directly through their websites and emails. Our agent hasn't told us what your agent has mentioned, but he did indicate that Personnel Agencies prefer locals or migrants already based in Oz to overseas candidates. He said the reason for this is that they only get paid their commission once the person starts their job. We've found using google.com.au to be useful so far in finding potential employers. Best of luck with your search...

• 4 months later...

My husband and I are currently applying for a Regional Skills Sponsered Visa (475). What scares me about the 457 visa is that you basically are bound to one Company, they can pay you the basic wage, treat you like crap and you cannot get out unless finding a replacement sponser. (would hate to have that one hanging over my head)

Does anyone know anything about the Australian Labour Law? Would be interesting to see what they are in comparison to South Africa's

Hi sweetheart

Australian labour law provides good protection to workers, that does however not mean that there aren't some companies who will try to get themselves the best deal possible. Do your homework in terms of salaries etc in Aus and make sure that you have sufficient information to negotiate yourself a fair deal. Also, be careful not to lock yourself down too much with whoever offers you a job. A lot of companies will for example offer to cover your expenses, possibly even flights, but will then state that you will have to pay those costs back to them should you leave them within 2 years for example. As far as I know there is no restriction that prevents you from moving your 457 to another sponsor, and tt is easier to find alternative work once you are here. However, if your contract with your initial sponsor has penalty clauses regarding costs you will be left with that bill to pay.

Bottom line is, the 457 is not the most flexible of visas and you are pretty much "in bed" with your sponsor, but that does not mean you are doomed and have no options should things turn sour.

Edited by Ebreyten

My husband and I are currently applying for a Regional Skills Sponsered Visa (475). What scares me about the 457 visa is that you basically are bound to one Company, they can pay you the basic wage, treat you like crap and you cannot get out unless finding a replacement sponser. (would hate to have that one hanging over my head)

Does anyone know anything about the Australian Labour Law? Would be interesting to see what they are in comparison to South Africa's

Hi Sweetheart,

If you dont like the conditions of a 457 visa , apply for the permanent residents visa and wait the 18 or so months for the application to come thru, then you have still have no guarentee of a job. You cant have your cake and eat it, it one ot the other. Wait or get tied to 1 company. At this stage , I think you need to consider how quickly you want to get to Oz!!!

This is a first world country, with first world labour regualtions, no one is out to take advantage of anyone.

Do you need the job more than Australia needs you, you need to ask yourself that question?

:thumbdown: Thanks to everyone for their advice. Please don't misunderstand, I am not trying to run down the Australians but as Ebreyten rightlyfully said, Australian labour law provides good protection to workers, that does however not mean that there aren't some companies who will try to get themselves the best deal possible.

It was our immigration Consultant that actually advised us not to go this route.

I am not saying that one route is better than the other but one needs to be aware of the advantages and disadvantages of each Visa.

I am as insecure as any other person that is currently going through this process and therefore on this site to get some answers.

enrica - Its not about if I need the job more than Australia needs me. Seems you are already nice and secure on the otherside and therefore in a position to make a remark like you did.

Edited by Sweetheart

This is the latest message I got from a agent

:ilikeit: "Thanks for your resume......sponsorship under 457 has been suspended in Australia for Personnel Agency's as of 1 Jan 08.......the only way to get sponsor is to go to the clients direct

therefore we are unable to assist u" :huh:

Do anyone know of possible sponsers for a SAP Project Manager?.....please

Why dont you contact SAP directly in Australia - Have a look at their Aus website

Also maybe contact some of the large SIs, like IBM, E&Y, Accenture - they must have large SAP practices

rgds

Matman

I am as insecure as any other person that is currently going through this process and therefore on this site to get some answers.

enrica - Its not about if I need the job more than Australia needs me. Seems you are already nice and secure on the otherside and therefore in a position to make a remark like you did.

Dear Sweetheart,

My comments were not made to offend you or anyone else for that matter. Some people come across as desparate to get out of South Africa ASAP, and that was the point of my comments......how desparate are you to get out? That is the deciding factor on which visa at the end of the day suits you best.

The decision to immigrate is not an easy one not for anyone . It is the hardest thing that you will ever do . Please bearer in mind just as I do not pressume to know your situation and circumstances , please do not pressume to know mine and assume that I am nice and secure. No one can give you any guarentees in life or with with your furture prospective employer. What you need to bearer in mind is that in gerneral you get given a fair go and there are equal opportunities for everyone in Australia. Like everywhere else in the world, you always have a handful of people that will take advantage , but thats not the norm.

Good luck with your application

enrica :whome:

Its ok ... No hard feelings.

Lets say we are not desperate as we still need to sell two houses over here...lol

Yes we do want a better life for our son who is currently 2.5 and for ourselves. Frankly I am tired of being permanently scared.

We do not want any handouts and are quite prepared to work just as hard and if not harder to have a better life. I guess at this stage we are still unsure of what our future holds and therefore want to be totally sure of the route we need to follow.

Perth is our first choice but I guess it all depends on the Regional Skills sponsor and where we need to be.

Wish we had answers for all the uncertainties we currently have and therefore thank everyone here for sharing their experiences.

Hi there,

We are going over on a 457 Visa, and this was one of my biggest fears, but then a family friend gave me the voice of reason, so to speak. Once you are there, if the job is that bad, you can be resourceful and creative, for example, you (or your spouse) find another job, and agree to pay the original employer off for the outstanding costs. I've also been advised that this is why you should put in your application for PR as soon as possible after you land! Just get your foot in the door! :blush:

• 1 month later...

This is my 1st post so I hope I do add some value. One of my friends (an engineer) landed in Perth about 4 weeks ago, and he is getting paid a pretty good salary. So I do not think that all employers will take the route of just paying you the minimum prescribed salaries. I also looked at the on-hire companies and since the changes in the legislation have been looking for the few on-hire companies that have been awarded the On-Hire Labour Agreement, and finally found one. So for those who are interested this is one of the on-hire companies that are once again willing and able to facilitate a 457 sponsored visa. Bayside Group at www.baysidegrp.com.au. I just registered today so I can not guarantee anything, but if any other professional are in the same boat I am in then they'll try anything. Good Luck.