Gavin and Chantell: New to the forum

Gavin and Chantell

Hi all

My name is Gavin Deyzel

My wife Chantell,and two and a half year old son -Kyle,are new to the forum.We immigrated to New Zealand two years ago from South Africa.Currently we are considering immigrating to Australia.We will have many questions to ask,and any help will be most appreciated.

Thank you

Gavin

Hi Gavin and Chantell,

Welcome to our little spot on the WWW! I'm sure that you will find many supportive, friendly, nutty friends here, all happy to share their knowledge and experience with you.

Why don't you start with some more info about you guys? Where in Oz are you thinking of going?Any kids? What do you do to earn a buck?

Looking forward to seeing you around :ilikeit:

Cheers

Ajay

Guest Larry

Hi Gavin,

You haven't been in New Zealand long enough to apply for citizenship and so you will probably have to do it the hard way.

Firstly, contact the New Zealand Immigration Service and get them to send you the originals of the documents you sent them when you first immigrated. - Documents like the SA Police Clearance, birth certificates, academic records, etc.... The NZIS are very good like that. - They took 2 days to forward mine to me!! It is one hell of a lot easier than getting the stuff sent through from South Africa.

One advantage of applying to migrate to Australia from New Zealand is that it is so much quicker. - Fewer applicants to process, I suppose. Also, you are required to apply from your country of permanent residence. So you can use New Zealand. :ilikeit: - I did!

Cheers and if you need any further info, just ask.

Well to answer all questions above.My Wife and I arrived in NZ approximately two years ago.Our son was 9 months old at the time.

We are happy here,but we find that OZ may hold a brighter future for us.

I am in the engineering field-Mechanical to be specific.I currently am employed by Heinz Wattie's.

I live in Napier-New Zealand.

Thanks for the advice regarding getting police clearances from New Zealand.I never knew that's possible??

If I do it now,how long is it valid for? I don't have a job offer yet,so,lets say it takes me a while before things really start happening,won't the validation "expire"?

Guest Larry

When I first approached the Australian High Commission in Auckland and asked them about obtaining Police Clearances, they told me that The SA Police Clearances that I had used to get in to New Zealand were OK, in spite of the fact that they had expired. - I had been living in New Zealand since the Police Clearance expired and so the Australians also required a New Zealand Police Clearance.

That was obviously not difficult to obtain.

Is that what you meant about the validation expiring?

Once the police clearance is issued,is it not only valid for 6 months from the date of issue,before you need to apply for a new one?

Hi Gavin and Chantelle

I am so glad to see you made it! Welcome, may you find a lot of friends here!

Regards

Mara

Guest Larry
Once the police clearance is issued,is it not only valid for 6 months from the date of issue,before you need to apply for a new one?

That is correct.- Provided you remain in that country (South Africa). In my case, the Aussies were quite happy for me to submit the old SA Police Clearance certificate as I was no lomger living in SA. - Check with the Australian High Commission.

Hi Gavin and Chantell, Welcome to the forum. I hope you find this a valuable resource and a place to chat, air your views, and to read about others' experiences!

Catch you later

c'bug