What are the thunder storms like in Brisbane?

brisbound

As a Capetonian I seldom get to watch a good lightning storm. If I am to uproot to a new city it may as well be to a place where there are thunderstorms B)

Hi Bribound

Been living here for just over a year and haven't experienced many I think about 2 good ones. Having lived in Jhb we had some very good lightning storms, but sorry matie not had any good ones here yet!. I would believe that the drought that Qld experienced had a lot to do with that too so lets see for the next few months as things are rather wet out here at the moment. We've been experiencing lovely rain for the past couple of weeks and the dams are filling up. So I'll keep in touch!

N

Thanks Nilo

I have been reading the online Brisbane papers and it seems that the heavens have really opened of late in Brisbane. It would seem that you still need a lot more in the right places though B)

Yep, lots of places have actually flooded but it's not all in the catchment areas. Having said that though the dam near the GC is full and Somersetdam has also received quite a bit of water. But all's good as we believe the drought is broken.

But now can you believe that the people are moaning that it's raining too much!!! "They want a sunny day!!" I say let it rain the rivers need to be washed clean and the dams need to fill up!

Today it's gonna shine, I'm sitting on my stoep and there's not a cloud in the sky, gonna be hot hot hot!! Then you'll hear them moan!! AGAIN!!!

Yep, lots of places have actually flooded but it's not all in the catchment areas. Having said that though the dam near the GC is full and Somersetdam has also received quite a bit of water. But all's good as we believe the drought is broken.

But now can you believe that the people are moaning that it's raining too much!!! "They want a sunny day!!" I say let it rain the rivers need to be washed clean and the dams need to fill up!

Today it's gonna shine, I'm sitting on my stoep and there's not a cloud in the sky, gonna be hot hot hot!! Then you'll hear them moan!! AGAIN!!!

B) They sound like South African farmers......never happy with the weather

• 4 weeks later...