RuanJ: You guys Rock

RuanJ

Hi Guys

I'm new to the forum and must say it is a FANTASTIC site. Well done.

We are just starting the application proccess now for PR in Aus and must say it is nerve recking.

Its like - once you made up your mind about going you just want to get there.

It is realy unfortunate/sad that we have to leave our country of birth to look for a bright future elsewhere, but I KNOW that it will be in Australia.

I am 32 and in IT(Desktop/server/networking) and my wife (31) and is an accountant(and ofcourse my 2 year old son)

We are hopping that our application goes threw and that we will be in Perth before the year is out.(Scary thought :ilikeit: )

But I must say one thing, I have noticed that South Africans that moved to Aus seem to support/help one another much more than in SA, is that the Ausie way of life? It is so cool !

Thanks again for a awsome forum

see you guys soon

Guest Seoul Sister

Hey there Ruan,

Welcome to the forum ! Congratulations on becoming a Rocker on our fabulous forum (thanks for the compliment :ilikeit: ). Please shout if we can help you on specific issues, support or a little nudge in the right direction, our Perth numbers are growing very fast !!

Regards from Korea

Seoul Sister

:whome:

PS Burning question on my mind - Are you a world cup supporter ?? :whome:

Hi Ruan,

Well, I've often been told that I'm OFF my rocker, but I much prefer your term :whome:

Welcome to our little corner of the universe - I trust that you will many helpful and supportive friends around here. We've got a growing community in Perth too, so I'm sure you'll find lots of advice coming your way!

I've found that being an ex SAffer certainly offers a new dimension and helps you form bonds quite quickly - just having something in common helps. I'd like to think that we are more supportive of each other - that's definitely been my experience.

Looking forward to seeing you around :ilikeit:

Cheers

Ajay

Hi Ruan

Welcome to the forus, and hope to see you soon in Perth. Please feel free to ask any questions and we'll answer as best we can.

Pisces :ilikeit: