ROCKINGHAM MANDURRAH

vdlindes

I have accepted a position in Munduijong and arwe currently just awaiting our 457. :ilikeit:

1. We are now looking for a place in stay in the area. Rockingham and Mandurrah seem to be the real alternatives.... Are there any other places we should consider in the area? (Byford perhaps?) Our eldest daughter is turning six in February and we need a good school for her - any suggestions/experiences? Which suburbs are the places to stay in these two cities especially considering the above.

2. We also need to find a financial advisor to assist with transfer of policies, pensions, investments etc. from SA to Australia in the Benoni/Boksburg/Kempton Park area.

3. Obviously we also need to find moving companies to Perth area. Any good suggestions or experiences?

4. We have also never been to the southern suburbs of Perth before and were wondering whether there is any real benefit flying over for a week in February sometime considering the cost. Can one arrange anything in this time or will it only be a waste of resources?

I thought of putting these questions on the general website but we really need first hand experiences of people in Perth so here it is. I am available off-forum at deonl@ekurhuleni.com but only as of 17 January as I am on leave until then. :whome:

Thanks!

Deon

I have accepted a position in Munduijong and arwe currently just awaiting our 457. :ilikeit:

1. We are now looking for a place in stay in the area. Rockingham and Mandurrah seem to be the real alternatives.... Are there any other places we should consider in the area? (Byford perhaps?) Our eldest daughter is turning six in February and we need a good school for her - any suggestions/experiences? Which suburbs are the places to stay in these two cities especially considering the above.

2. We also need to find a financial advisor to assist with transfer of policies, pensions, investments etc. from SA to Australia in the Benoni/Boksburg/Kempton Park area.

3. Obviously we also need to find moving companies to Perth area. Any good suggestions or experiences?

4. We have also never been to the southern suburbs of Perth before and were wondering whether there is any real benefit flying over for a week in February sometime considering the cost. Can one arrange anything in this time or will it only be a waste of resources?

I thought of putting these questions on the general website but we really need first hand experiences of people in Perth so here it is. I am available off-forum at deonl@ekurhuleni.com but only as of 17 January as I am on leave until then. :)

Thanks!

Deon

I have accepted a position in Munduijong and arwe currently just awaiting our 457. :whome:

I thought of putting these questions on the general website but we really need first hand experiences of people in Perth so here it is. I am available off-forum at deonl@ekurhuleni.com but only as of 17 January as I am on leave until then. :blink:

Thanks!

Deon

Hi

check out citysearch.com.au

south of perth is great. You are close to the beaches and they have just completed the new Mandurah railway line.

Byford is a good place, there is also settlers hill, some areas of rockingham is good, mandurah is great. Check out realestate.com.au. Type in the mundijong and surrounding areas and it will list it all.

As for coming over, I highly recommend you come over first before the family and settle in. This will be hard intially however longterm the benefits will be seen. No need to come on a LSD. You have made a decision to move just do it.

Perth is a good place with plenty of SAffirs.

you can email me at gavin.shaw@anguscoote.com.au if you need more help.

Gavin - ALLBOKS SOCIAL GROUP MELBOURNE

Hi and good luck with the 457 application and the move over.

Areas that you can look at Baldivis/Waikiki/Port Kennedy/Secret Harbour/Whitby/Jarrahdale.

My suggestion would be to find a furnished rental for 2-3 weeks when you arrive, look around and then decide where would be more convient for your to rent long term.

For you furnished rental look at www.ozstays.com or www.aussiemove.com.

If you have made the decision to come over for sure, then why waste any more monies, save that for your move.

For an idea regarding renting properties try the www.reiwa.com.au website and www.domain.com.au.

Good luck with your move.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Hi

My husband is doing a interview this week with a company South of Mandurah. We looking into it to stay in Mandurah /Falcon suburbs please give me advise which of these surbubs is nice and have a good primary school. There also need to be easy acces to the road going south past pinjarra. Thanks I hope anyone can help?

:ph34r:

Hi StoneRose

My family and I are living in the suburb of Halls Head, in Mandurah. It is a very nice suburb with lots of parks and the plot sizes aren't TOO small. We are very happy here. The next suburb south of us is SeaScapes, busy being developed at the moment, also nice, but the plot sizes are smaller. Both my kids (5 and 9) go to school there - South Halls Head Primary. It is a new school that only opened this year (2 weeks ago) which is why I chose it, so that my kids wouldn't be the only new ones, the whole school is new and getting to know each other. It is a very good school (from what I can see so far, I am very impressed). The other schools in Mandurah are also good, the only ones to steer clear of, from what I've heard, are Greenfields and Mandurah Primary. Halls Head and Glencoe are also very good. The next suburb south, after SeaScapes, is Falcon. The primary school there (Falcon Primary) is also very good. Falcon is more of a holiday house suburb and a lot of the houses there are fibro houses. It is a nice suburb with beautiful beaches, but there are often problems there because so many of the houses are holiday houses and therefore not occupied constantly (problems such as vandalism and hooning). It is a suburb I would love to live in because the beaches are so nice and the plot sizes are larger, but I don't like the thought of only having neighbours when its school holidays or weekends. Hope this helps, let me know if you need any other info.

Keep well

Megan

Hi StoneRose

My family and I are living in the suburb of Halls Head, in Mandurah. It is a very nice suburb with lots of parks and the plot sizes aren't TOO small. We are very happy here. The next suburb south of us is SeaScapes, busy being developed at the moment, also nice, but the plot sizes are smaller. Both my kids (5 and 9) go to school there - South Halls Head Primary. It is a new school that only opened this year (2 weeks ago) which is why I chose it, so that my kids wouldn't be the only new ones, the whole school is new and getting to know each other. It is a very good school (from what I can see so far, I am very impressed). The other schools in Mandurah are also good, the only ones to steer clear of, from what I've heard, are Greenfields and Mandurah Primary. Halls Head and Glencoe are also very good. The next suburb south, after SeaScapes, is Falcon. The primary school there (Falcon Primary) is also very good. Falcon is more of a holiday house suburb and a lot of the houses there are fibro houses. It is a nice suburb with beautiful beaches, but there are often problems there because so many of the houses are holiday houses and therefore not occupied constantly (problems such as vandalism and hooning). It is a suburb I would love to live in because the beaches are so nice and the plot sizes are larger, but I don't like the thought of only having neighbours when its school holidays or weekends. Hope this helps, let me know if you need any other info.

Keep well

Megan

Hi the interview went very well , the next step is the company want my husband to go "sigometriese toetse" and then they going to bring us out on a LSD trip to decide the talk at this stage is 150K AUD which we think are happy with the offer, the place husband is going to work is South of Pinjarra I hope is not to far looks on google about 35km to drive everyday. but we are very excited about this and can not wait to come. From what I saw on the internet I fell completly in love with the Halls Head to Wanneup suburbs

I would love to meet for coffee when we have moved. DO you know other South Africans living near ?

Thanks for your reply

• 2 weeks later...
Hi the interview went very well , the next step is the company want my husband to go "sigometriese toetse" and then they going to bring us out on a LSD trip to decide the talk at this stage is 150K AUD which we think are happy with the offer, the place husband is going to work is South of Pinjarra I hope is not to far looks on google about 35km to drive everyday. but we are very excited about this and can not wait to come. From what I saw on the internet I fell completly in love with the Halls Head to Wanneup suburbs

I would love to meet for coffee when we have moved. DO you know other South Africans living near ?

Thanks for your reply

Do the LSD if you have the money.... we did that specific area in august last year - great place. rockingham is like benoni by the sea... further south is great.. like the south coast past amanzimtoti in the 80"s

Got some videos and pics from there if you want.. look at www.matriley.com for videos of the area as well as houses to rent, buy..on the front page just click on the pick on the right and he does a video of rockingham down to wanebro along the beach.

were of in about 2 weeks too..

Dave and Nicki

Hi

Thanks for your reply did have a look. We are set if everything work out well to settle in Halls Head. My husband will drive to Wagerup if anyone working there please let me know.