Eskom brouhaha

Andre S

I posted this on Mauritz's thread in sympathy. Thought you might enjoy it.

Recently I stepped in the proverbial kaka. My father in law is a professor of electrical engineering at Eskom. My New Year's sms message to all my friends was: "May the light shine on you in 2008 and may your path be lit always, when you are in darkness, remember the great provider, Eskom."

Father-in-law was very angry (I'm not entirely surprised). Sometimes one has to pick up the scorpion, even if you know that it is dangerous.

Note to self: "Do not make flippant remarks about Eskom around my father in law"....nah bugger it!

My father in law has absolutely no sense of humour at all and is apparently still steaming. He was beside himself with rage and this faux pas has caused quite a brouhaha. I mean, REALLY, are we not supposed to notice the power outages?

Seriously, here is a man who is so loyal to Eskom, he put the company first and his family second for over thirty years. When does one develop a sense of irony? I guess I'm just not ever going to "get it" when it comes to selling your soul to a corporation. Quite sad really.

Andre S

:lol::lol::lol: I LOVE that one!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I cannot believe your FIL doesn't see the humour in that!

(Eish, bet you are glad to be moving very very far away!!!) :holy::lol: