Sydney, here we come!

Carlos Carvalho

Hallo daar!

After 5 months and a couple of days in Peterborough, SA we'll be packing up and moving on to the Greater Sydney area. I'll be working at RAAF Base Richmond and we'll possibly be living in the suburb of Castle Hill. Any forum members in the area that can enlighten us on what to expect in our new destination?

See ya

Carlos

Hallo daar!

After 5 months and a couple of days in Peterborough, SA we'll be packing up and moving on to the Greater Sydney area. I'll be working at RAAF Base Richmond and we'll possibly be living in the suburb of Castle Hill. Any forum members in the area that can enlighten us on what to expect in our new destination?

See ya

Carlos

Welldone mate you take care you deserve it :ilikeit:

Hi

Good choice on the suburb. We have been living in the area for 7 months now and it is the best. I read in the local newspaper today that the Cherrybrook & Castle Hill area is among the safest in Sydney. Both our children are in Castle Hill's Oakhill Drive public primary school and all I can say is that the schooling is of a very high standand and all the people are very friendly and welcomed us into their community.

Hi Carlos!

Wow, last time we spoke was at the forum coffee club meeting at Irene that Pippa hosted. Here we are all in Oz! Lekker sous.

I'll pm you with some info!

Tania

Welcome to Sydney Carlos and family!! I'm sure you are going to love it here. We've been living in Dural, also part of the Hills area for the past 4.5 years. Living in the Hills is an excellent choice!

SAS

Hey Carlos,

Exciting news! There are a few of us from the forum living in the Hills district and I'm sure we'll all tell you the same thing - lovely neighbourhoods, good schools etc, so pack your bags and get here!

Cheers

Ajay

Hi

Thank you for the comments. Looks like weve made the right choice on suburb...I just hope that the travel from there to Richmond isn't going to erode my fuel budget :whome: . Also can't wait to hit a proper beach. Tanya, thanks for the PM. Wishing you all a good festive season.

See ya

Guest Bronwyn

Hey Carlos are you saying Glenelg hasn't got a proper beach??? ;)

Only joking. Good on you. Are u around in the next week? We want to pop into Peterborough for a few hours.

I will call you...

Have a lekker Christmas, :whome:

Bye for now,

Bronwyn

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings to all forumites

Well, we finally arrived :whome: in South Windsor, Greater Sydney, safe, sound and dog tired after our weekend road trip. In short, road trip from Peterborough SA was quiet and trip uneventful, except for the nightlife in Nyngan (which kept Carlos awake most of the night…damn local youngsters and their alcohol binging :ilikeit: ).

Beautiful scenic views on our drive through the Blue Mountains, although the navigator suffered from car sickness and spent most of the drive with eyes closed. We arrived at our temporary accommodation in South Windsor during a massive thunder storm, which really made us feel at home. :ph34r: .you know, like if we were back in Centurion, Highveld storms and the lot, what a pleasure!

Temporary accommodation is spacious and well equipped, bordering on the edge of luxury (yippee, no need to share bathroom with kids!). By the end of Jan, we should be moving to Castle Hill (we hope!).

See ya later

The Carvalhos in South Windsor

Congrats, hope you enjoy Sydney, and the RAAF!