Cheryl: Moving to Melbourne

Cheryl

Hi

We will be arriving in Melbourne on the evening of 3 July 2006.

We have lived in PE all our lives, so the thought of moving to this huge city is quite nerve-wracking! We have two girls aged 11 and 6.

Any tips will be appreciated.

CHERYL

Hi Cheryl welcome to the forum.

Good luck with the moving over to Melbourne.

I will be in Melbourne myself in July, visiting my son there.

Take care

L'mari

Hi Cheryl

May I say WELCOME TO MELBOURNE! Hope you guys will be extremely happy here. Do you know anybody here, do you know where you will be staying when you arrive, is anybody meeting you at the airport? Lots of questions, hope you will feel free to answer.

Hi Cheryl,

and welcome to our forum! I hope you guys will be happy in Aus and Melbourne! Good luck with the next few weeks and please ask if there is something you need to know!

How did you guys choose Melbourne?

BUG gat

Hello!

We have leased a furnished apartment in St. Kilda for the first week. A couple who are currently in South Africa on holiday have offered to fetch us from the airport. We are meeting the couple for the first time this weekend.

We were "packing for Perth" when I received a job offer in Melbourne. Now we are heading off to Melbourne.

Apart from an old school friend I last saw 20 years ago and an ex-colleague, we don't know anyone in Melbourne.

Are there any get-togethers for South Africans in Melbourne?

Cheers

CHERYL

Hi Cheryl

I am glad to see that you are sorted out with accommodation and with somebody to meet you. Once you are here, if you email me, then we can arrange to meet and I will be happy to introduce you around. I am sure there must be get togethers for SA's in Melbourne, I have just not come across them yet! We are planning something for when the summer months are here again!