Noeks: New in Perth!

Guest Noeks

Guest Noeks

Hi guys, I'm also new in Perth, arrived 3 months ago. Living in Kallaroo and lovin' it - great to be near the beach, and also loving the weather. Spent many years in Cape Town (Bloubergstrand), then unfortunately lost my husband and then moved up north to Pietersburg (Polokwane) as the reluctant young widow with young daughter in tow, to be nearer my mama and Ouma and sister.... Met my new hubby 4 years later who is in the Construction business and from then we haven't stopped moving really. Spent 6 years in Botswana, then 3 years in England (talk about being homesick and missing the bush and the Kruger Park and the lifestyle), and then here to Perth - its so cool to be in a decent climate with real sandy white beaches and blue blue skies... Only lousy thing is hubby has to work away quite a lot, so I am in danger of becoming a bored / desperate housewife!! He he, nah, only joking. My daughter is 7 years old and loves her new school, losing the Essex accent wonderfully quickly, and already sounds like a little Aussie - hell, anything is better than an Essex accent. I made some wonderful precious friends in Essex, and miss the girls like mad - never in my life have I met such party animals, with hearts of gold. Thats the only hard thing about moving, you leave those you love behind, and it seems such a schlep to start all over again. Have met a few lovely mums at the school, and look forward to getting to know more. At the moment, still very taken with my huge home (compared to tiny little quaint 2 bedroomed English country cottages), this feels like heaven man. I can't stop padding around my home and then outside to the pool, and looking up to the sky, and just being so very grateful for being able to be here. If I can't be home (SA), camping in the laeveld bush, sitting next to the fire, listening to the lions roar, then this is a great second best, I reckon. Love this webpage, had a few good chuckles at all your comments about different things.... you guys sound great! Look forward to hearing from ya'all. Lv Noeks x

Welcome to Perth and forum :hug:

Hope to see you around here often. Our Perth numbers are growing on the forum, great!!

Lindy-Lee

:ilikeit:

If you need help or info just send me a PM and I'll see if I can help. :(

Welcome Noeks, I hope you will be very happy in Perth.

Hi there Noeks, I really enjoyed your introduction. Seems you have a way with words like some of our fellow-forumites and you will soon find yourself having a good chat with all the girls on the forum! The only "desperate" in your dictionary will be the piles of ironing while you're typing away....... Enjoy!! :hug:

Guest Noeks
Welcome to Perth and forum :hug:

Hope to see you around here often. Our Perth numbers are growing on the forum, great!!

Lindy-Lee

:ilikeit:

If you need help or info just send me a PM and I'll see if I can help. :(

Thanx Lindy-Lee, will do x

Welcome Noeks, I hope you will be very happy in Perth.

Cheers Mara!

Hi there Noeks, I really enjoyed your introduction. Seems you have a way with words like some of our fellow-forumites and you will soon find yourself having a good chat with all the girls on the forum! The only "desperate" in your dictionary will be the piles of ironing while you're typing away....... Enjoy!! ;)

Oh don't even mention ironing Riekie, there's a serious pile growing in my laundry as we speak - I soooo miss my ol' Annah that used to iron away tirelessly for us... ja swaer. Thanx for the reply! Lv N x

Hiya Noeks - see you took the long way round to get to Aus!

We hope to be in Perth within the next year (waiting for Adelaide!) My brother, his family and my mother are all "Perthites" and LOVE it! Luckily for me my mother is really good at ironing, so once we're in Perth I'll make a plan to drop it off once a week or so!

Welcome to the forum!

Love from SA (close to the bush, but we never seem to get there!)

Cindylou

Guest Noeks
Hiya Noeks - see you took the long way round to get to Aus!

We hope to be in Perth within the next year (waiting for Adelaide!) My brother, his family and my mother are all "Perthites" and LOVE it! Luckily for me my mother is really good at ironing, so once we're in Perth I'll make a plan to drop it off once a week or so!

Welcome to the forum!

Love from SA (close to the bush, but we never seem to get there!)

Cindylou

You know Cindylou, I never in my wildest dreams thought we'd end up here in Perth - just so grateful its all worked out this way. Really love it. Wish I had my mama nearby - not to iron for me - but just to pop in and say howzit, and eat her homemade bran rusks.... I'm craving rusks and milktart and wouldn't mind an ice cold Castle Lager.... !! (Get to the bush girl, you'll so miss it when its not there). Great hearing from you. Lv Noeks x

Hi Noeks, :(

Welcome here! I'm sure you'll be very happy in Perth, even though it does not have a Kruger Park!

If I could import two things from SA, it would be the Park, and Table Mountain, and it seems you share my passion for both these. :hug: We used to live very close to the Park, and went there often. Aah, how I miss the bush, with a little campfire, a blanket round your shoulders, and the call of hyenas in the night.....

Well, I suppose a beautiful white beach could make up for the loss to some extent... You must be glad to be out of the English climate, though I believe the country is magnificent?

Regards

Dreamy

Guest Noeks

Hey Dreamy! You're right about the English weather, its worse than lousy, really, no getting away from it, its plain lousy, but the countryside is gorgeous - a very different gorgeous to good ol' laeveld bush full of Mopane trees and Fever trees though.... My mom phoned from SA and said they were all going to the Kruger Park for Fathers Day weekend - when I hear things like that, its very hard for me, I miss the family a lot, but at the same time, try to be realistic about why we left in the first place. Like you say, a beautiful white beach makes up for it to some extent, and I just walk down to the beach and sit there and re-charge my spirit. Great hearing from you Dreamy, stay well xx lv Noeks

Hey Noeks welcome to our forum community! Love you work!

When you go back for a visit you'll really appreciate the animals even more! Anyway maybe you'd need to start focussing your attention to the real "groot wild" here in Australia, i.e. insects and reptiles. (and some of the unusual birds). Good luck!

THE AUSSIE BUG!

Guest Noeks

The birds are very unusual... hows the weird sound the black crows make here?? Even the birds here have an Aussie twang! First time I heard it, I thought it was a Kaola (spelling!) bear.... Ai, so much to learn, so little time!

Welcome to Perth Noeks!

Agree with Lindy lee it's great to see the Perth numbers increasing.

Guest Noeks
Welcome to Perth Noeks!

Agree with Lindy lee it's great to see the Perth numbers increasing.

Cheers Pisces! Is this weather for real???.... Thats why its so difficult to get the ironing done - sun is far too inviting!

Hey Noeks,

Sorry for the rather delayed welcome from me - too busy with the ironing :):D Nah, just kidding - I've been very negligent of my forum pals for a few days - it's freezing here in Sydney so I spend my little spare time huddled under the doona (that's Australian for duvet) on the lounge (that's Australian for lounge suite) in the rumpus room (that's Australian for TV room) watching the cooking channel and trying to convince myself that learning about healthy eating habits and watching others cook real veggies is almost as good as actually hauling my behind off the couch and doing it myself :whome: Ah well, what is life without an interesting imagination, right :ilikeit::D

It sounds like you are having a great time settling into life in Perth, which is fantastic. You'll make plenty new friends and be partying it up before you know it, don't you worry!

Welcome again, and looking forward to seeing you around :whome:

Love

AJay

Guest Seoul Sister

Hey Noeksie !

Welcome to the forum ! :ilikeit:

Before you and I become Goodwill Ambassadors for the World Cup, it's probably only proper of me to welcome you here in the Foyer... Howzit, welcome and glad you have joined us. I can see you are gonna fit in with the bunch, no worries. Hope you will be very happy in Perth and replace them English party-gals with some from the local tribe.

Looking forward to raking up the postings with you. (Imagine if someone said that to you at a bar... :whome: ) :whome:

Love from Korea

SS

:)

Guest Noeks

Hey Ajay! Ta for the welcome, now whats this about a rumpus room...?? sounds a bit rough, girl. Mine looks a bit rough right now - my rumpus room, that is :oops: - instead of doing that ugly "i" word - still haven't got to the pile - or tidying up the rumpus room (ha) - I'm sitting here on my gorgeously toned deriere that doesn't need a drop of exercise, supping a hot cuppa coffee, and pounding the keyboard. My husband arrives back home tomorrow from a working stint up north in Karratha and I need to seriously pull finger with the ironing and tidying up of all the rooms not only the (here we go again) rumpus room. Thats really tickled me - sad, really, that such little things would amuse a desperate housewife... but there you have it. Stay well china, great hearing from you xx lv Noeks

Howzit my ol' soccer buddy,

Now if someone had said that to me in a bar - raking up the postings thing - then they would've been in for the fright of their lives - me being the desperate housewife I'v become! More better maybe - hou verby. My man moet nou huis toe kom. Now I am going to go and iron my pile and clean my "rumpus" room - lol. Cleaning and ironing, pure joy. Stay well and please don't verkyk yourself on the soccer - we women have lives to lead you know... lv N x