Meteor shower in Australia

Springbok

http://www.sydneyobservatory.com.au/blog/

On Friday evening late until dawn on Saturday morning we expect one of the best meteor showers of the year - the Geminids. You can start watching from late on Friday evening 14 December 2007 in Australia and continue until dawn on the Saturday morning 15 December 2007. This year we are fortunate that there will be no Moon visible to brighten the sky.

For those in Australia the predicted timing is good - the shower is expected to peak before dawn at about 03:45 am Eastern Australian summer time, on Saturday morning.

The peak in South Africa will be around 18:45 on Friday evening.

http://www.sydneyobservatory.com.au/blog/

For those in Australia the predicted timing is good - the shower is expected to peak before dawn at about 03:45 am Eastern Australian summer time, on Saturday morning.

.. and that is good timing, how exactly? :lol: 3:45 am on Sat morning you will definitely find me tucked up firmly in bed! ;)

Thanks for the heads up, Charl. I'll do my best to at least drag the telescope outside around midnight, although the smoke from the KI fires is causing a lot of cloudiness... :lol:

Hi Charl,

Sorry, we couldn't see anything. It was too overcast. We were so disappointed :D

We are on the East Rand, Gauteng

sounds really awesome Springbok, did you get some pics?

Did you know you can buy a Star with your name on it, (one for the bloke thats got everything) You get to see your star on a private viewing and also they give you the whole speech about the univers. Cost $300. Must be fundraising I think. :ilikeit: