GREAT WEBSITE!

wombatmuir

Hi to all :ilikeit:

i basically found this website the other day while googling for blogs about south african living in oz... well needless to say once i came across this website...... i cant stop!

the forums, or general "chit-chat" is so imformative, i am still getting used to this kind of website as i have never had the need to access any before. My wife and I have recently got married and decided to relocate to Oz, been talking about for a good while and doing alot of research so it was not an overnght thing. just waited till we were married.

i dont know want to go in depth as to the reasons why, i am sure all using the website do not need to be reminded as to why you left or are leaving. we are going over on a skilled sponsored 176 visa, which we told takes -+ 18 months but we working on 2 years, taking our efficient home affairs into account. the company we're using is Hitchcock & Associates, so far been very happy and impressed with there level of service, does anybody have experiances to share with us good or bad with regards to the mentioned company.

well just wanted to say hi to all, and i look forward to the hours spent on here getting to know various people and the absolute plethora of information.

thanks

Jonathan

Welcome to the forum Jonathan.

I can not comment on the company that you are using as we did our application on our own.

One thing I can comment on, is the time frame to get the visa.

Ours took 1 year and 1 week from the date they acknowledged receipt of the application till the visa was approved. This is for the old 136 visa, with a skill on the modl list.

I have been told that it is starting to move much faster now however.

Also, my time frame does not include getting the skills assessed or anything like that as this was done before.

Good luck with your application.

Welcome to the forum Jonathan.

I can not comment on the company that you are using as we did our application on our own.

One thing I can comment on, is the time frame to get the visa.

Ours took 1 year and 1 week from the date they acknowledged receipt of the application till the visa was approved. This is for the old 136 visa, with a skill on the modl list.

I have been told that it is starting to move much faster now however.

Also, my time frame does not include getting the skills assessed or anything like that as this was done before.

Good luck with your application.

Hi Dan Tanne

thanks for the info, just read my post and cant believe how many mistakes in spelling.... i did go to school promise.

we will just go through the process and when it happens it happens... rather sooner than later.

good luck in Melbourne in Jan 2008..

the company we're using is Hitchcock & Associates, so far been very happy and impressed with there level of service, does anybody have experiances to share with us good or bad with regards to the mentioned company.

Hitchcocks are great, I used them too. However if you have a straightforward case, you can do the whole thing yourself by applying online at www.immi.gov.au without an agent and save yourself quite a bit of money. And apparently it takes around 6 months these days before you receive your PR visa if you apply online.

Hi Wombatmuir,

Welcome to the forum. Just know you'll have a great time chatting and asking plenty of questions. This forum has been simply amazing regarding support and information. :ilikeit::hug:

Have friends who used Hitchcock & Assoc. and they were very pleased with them. Agents can take a huge chunk out of your budget. Use them if you have a complicated application. We are using one and it has been a great help, as hubby had to reword his CV to fit in with the MODL, and many other things. However, the forum and the immi website is a bottomless pit of information to help you.

Don't fret too much, we're all here for you buddy :D

PS: Don't worry about the spelling. Most of us type with two fingers anyway, and if you can read SMS spelling, then reading here makes you a speed reader. :whome:

Hey Jonathan!

Welcome to the gang!

Good luck with everything that lies ahead.

Tracy

hi

thanks for all the replys, its nice to see people communicating and helping each other out something we have forgotten to do living in S.A.

we thought about not using an agent, friends of ours have gone this route, but i feel that we would probably need to devote alot of time to ensure everything is done correctly, something in which we both dont have at the moment.

thanks for the positive feedback with regards hitchcocks, we paid our money yesterday so its to late now.....lol. im sure it will be fine.

anyway hope you all have a good day/evening

Jonathan

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Hope your application process goes smoothly and your PR comes through speedily! :o