wanting to settle

sakazima

good morning all,

I have spent the last few days reading a wealth of information, really cool site!

I left SA about 7 years ago for a job in Dubai, where I stayed for 2 years, then to Doha for 2 years and then on to cyprus for 2, I have now bwwn in Hong kong for about a year. I am a single mother of a 4 year old (I am no longer in touch with his father but that is a whole other long sory). I am really keen to settle down now, my son has been to 3 schools already and his passport has to be renewed as it is just about full. I have never really taken to HK and feel this would be a good time to settle down somewhere and give my son and myself a place we can start to put down some roots. the problem is, my parents accepted a job offer in HK, so we are all together as a family which really helps but they are not ready to leave as my dad has a really good job. I just feel I have been travelling for the last 7 years and have had enough. So I am starting to look for work. it is really early days so I hope you don't mind me asking tons of questions in the future. Also I would love to hear from any other single mothers: how have you managed....:(

Sorry to ramble... :)

Please pm Tracy , one of our members on the forum. She is an inspiration to us all. Single, with teenage daughter , teaching very difficult students in Alice Springs!

Hi

just thought i'd say a big welcome too!

making this decision to relocate so far away from everything you've known for years is daunting, esp as single mom as you are doing this "on your own" with a young child. take one day at a time and keep reminding yourself of the bigger (brighter) picture...

will stay in touch.

antz

thanks....not feeling all that strong today...but I'm working on it.. :oops:

Chin up - went to a wedding last week - a single mum who came here with two teenagers - left her one here with $500 dollars as that was all she had and then joined him a year later with the younger son (18 at the time) - met a wonderful man here and got married Saturday - has a lovely home on the water with a nice size boat etc etc - so they are out there

Thanks for all the support guys. I sometimes don't know know what I would do without this forum. I don't post much, but it is so good to know that you are all there.

Drinks are on me when I get over :blush: