Level 6 Water Restrictions

Pippa

Hi Everyone,

For those who don't know, Level 6 water restrictions apply in South East Queensland from 23 November 2007. For more information on this, click here.

Let's try to save every drop!

Lovies, Pippa!

• 4 months later...

Is this a real problem in Oz? You either have no electricity in SA of no water in Oz?

We are looking to emigrate to Brisbane/Gold coast.

Regards

Is milk cheaper than water?

Doing a Cleopatra on myself is one thing, but the poor garden might not take to it that well.

We've been living in Brisbane for the past 15monts with the water restrictions and it has never bothered us. Except for not being to wash the car with a hose but I don't think thats a baddie as we just take it to the car wash and there you go.

So no worries!!! It's all good!!!

I'm sure Oz can't be more dry than Namibia.

If you live in the Redland Shire like me then you only have level 2 water restrictions :thumbdown:

Ons bly in Sydney. Ek kan eerlikwaar sê: ek het in my lewe nog nooit so baie reën gesien nie! Oral is daar net groen waar jy kyk. Om jou kar met 'n emmer te was is regtig nie so erg nie, want jou tuin kry hier genoeg water. Mens moet in elk geval nie water mors wat bykans net so suiwer soos gebottelde water is nie....of daar nou waterbeperkings is of nie.

Level 6! Wow!

We are on Level 3 in Adelaide (only 3 hours using a hand held hose per week), but here of course it never rains as well. I have no garden at all any more.

At least in Queensland it rains every now and again :thumbdown:

Just remember that it was only in the early/mid 80s was it (cant remember exactly when we had that horrific drought in S.A. and we all had the hosepipes out the bathroom into the garden etc. We used to watch the news each night to hear about the water level of the Vaal and we prayed for rain for the farmers. We still had water back then - we just did not have as much and had to be more careful with it. I remember the water level of Hartebeespoort dam being so low that boats were grounded at their mooring.

So it is not a case of there is no water - there is water to drink, cook, wash etc but within reason and being responsible. Also different areas of Aus have different stages of water restrictions - not everywhere is level 6 - most of Melbourne is level 3a

Personally I never (apologise if I stand on somebodys toes here) understood why people had to use good drinking water to hose down the driveway - what happend to a bit of sweat and using a broom. As for needing to wash your car - just take it to the carwash.

Add a water tank to your property or live in an area using recycled water. There is alot we can all do to save water

Rgds

Matman

Yup!

It doesn't take much "nouse" (brain power) to save water.

Washing the car on your lawn does them both . . . . and helps save detergents and oils, dirt, etc. from being washed into the stormwater system where it has to be broken down before release into the ocean or rivers.

Guest Joranda
Is this a real problem in Oz? You either have no electricity in SA of no water in Oz?

We are looking to emigrate to Brisbane/Gold coast.

Regards

Hey - Nice to read about someone else who also wants to go to Brisbane or the Gold coast. :ilikeit:

Have to tell you guys this: My hubby wants to be a farmer!! LOL!!! No really he has to have a veggie patch. Now on our little piece of earth in our back yard he has a veggie patch and two tomatoe plants. It's not much but keeps him happy. He waters these every day and because we're not allowed to use the hose he bought a movable water tank of 500L which gets filled with rain water. (we're in a rental) So this week we saw that a water pump that was on special at ALDI was marked down $20 to $79 so he bought one. Needless to say he's been spraying everything from the windows to the security screens to the verandah to the law to the ......! And with the lovely rain we've had the tanks full again.