Leaving your family

immi+

To all.

Although we are immigrating from the UK (been here 10 years) and are used to being far away from our family, the friends you make in another country become your family. It is them you depend on in times of crisis and happy times (like the birth of our son 7 months ago - it was them who saw through the pregnancy and birth while waiting for the 'real' family to arrive). It is so sad for us to leave (again) our 'family', but the prospect of making new friends are very exciting. To all those who dread leaving behind family, you will soon make friends that fulfill that gap. All the years in SA where I had many good friends, it was only here that I came to experience the bond one can have in friendships. So for us, it is not only moving to a country where we can, again, have all the advantages of being in a place where you take the weather and space for granted, but also the prospect of gaining more friends which will eventually fulfill the gap of our UK 'family' we say goodbuy to coming Saturday.

We are blessed in such that we are spending December and January with our families in SA and then fly out to Cairns. For all those deciding, waiting or planning for there new lives in Aus, all the best and may the Lord bless you, guide you, and protect you where ever you are.

Bea

Hi Bea

All the very best of luck for your journey, with your positive attitude I am sure you will love your new world over here!

We too came via the UK, and I can really relate to the friends-becoming-family thing. Its a funny thing, sometimes I think we give more fully of ourselves to friendships when our "real" families are no longer just around the corner. Enjoy the ride! (And spoil yourselves with lots of delicious waitrose and M&S treats before you come, you'll need to learn to make your own over here!)

Clare x