Capie: Hallo to everyone

Capie

Hi there SAAustralians.

I am not really new here since I have been visiting this site from it's humble beginnings, and before that another similar site that was frequented by much of the 'oldies' here. In fact, from reading all your postings for almost two years I feel as if I might even be related to some of you. Strangely however I have been too shy to unveil myself publicly until now. Don't really know why.

Me and my wifie went to Aus in Aug 2004 to LSD and decided straight away that it is where we will be going in future. But being a lawyer an all, and having had a little 'pienkvoete' a short while ago, we were delayed in starting up our application. So, having now gotten some of the paperwork of the ground I hope to join you more regularly in future.

So see you soon

Capie

Welcome Capie! And congratulations on your new arrival :ilikeit:

I used the internet extensively when researching my move, and like you, I read more than I wrote initially. But now I'm hooked and try to contribute as much as possible and hopefully extend a helping hand to others in a similar position.

I hope you find all that you are looking for and look forward to chatting to you more often now that you've taken that first big step!

Cheers

Ajay

Welcome then. How is the Cape? Do you at least have power?

Guest Seoul Sister

Hey Capie,

Welcome to the forum ! I am very glad you took the big step of putting pen to paper... in the technologically advanced sense of the word. :ilikeit: Congratulations also on the new little bundle of joy ! Looking forward to getting to know you and hearing all about it. Which city in Australia are you hoping to join ?

Welcome again, see you around !

Love

Seoul sister

:whome:

Hi there Capie, I'm glad you "revealed" yourself and hope to see you around a whole lot more! I must say, I would not have been able to "make it" to Australia and still be sane if it hadn't been for all my forum friends!

Hi Capie

Nice to meet you, what visa are you applying for?

Cindylou

Hi Capie, welcome and please don't be shy to ask questions.

Are you guys still having power outtages in CT? I know that before we left CT, the new reactor just arrived and everybody hoped that the outtages were a thing of the past. Was hectic trying to work and be productive while the power is out for 3 hours at a time.

Cheers

Just wanted to thank you for all the nice hellos and interest.

Power in CT is on. Seems like they power of their own. Apology upon apology followed day after day of remembering not to put loose bolts in our NUCLEAR reactor.

Us Capies seem to have become quite accustomed however to get the short end of the stick, literally and figuratively. Two years ago it was watershortages, now poweroutages and last year petrol and diesel. Luckily we have not lost the "Africa is not for sissies" - attitude and have come up everyday with an effeort or two to make things better. Either you change your light bulbs to low wattage bulbs, or catch a lift with a friend, steal some watering time late in the evening when no one sees you or, if all else fails, make up a joke about the whole thing.

Jokes makes life in SA bearable, except for the crime. That's no joke at the moment. Hope you Aussie members realizes how lucky you are to be living there at the moment, since in SA we have become (to use the Afrikaans word) "afgestomp" to crime. We just can't take any more.

Enough for now and again thanks for the hellos

G'day Capie,

Welcome to the forum. Keep us posted on your progress. Where are you planning to settle or haven't you thought that far ahead yet ? Best of luck, it is all worth it.

Hi Capie,

A Warm welcome from Brisbane! We hope to see alot of you in future. Mmm a lawyer not the easiest route to Australia.....are you applying on your strength/qualifications?....and if so have you decided which state you want to settle in?........as you might know this will have quite an influence on the amount of "conversion" studies that you'd have to do as it varies quite a bit from state to state!! Cheers

C'BUG

Thanks for the advice CBug (and others),

We are most definately heading for Perth, that is if we are allowed to luxury of choice. I have chosen to do my conversion in NSW and then apply to WA for admission through the mutual recognition system. The reason for that is simply because New England University in NSW is the only varsity (or uni then) which offers me my subjects through correspondence. Which means that I could do the academic side of things from here (SA), and then finish the rest off in Aus without wasting much time before getting back into practice.

We also visited Adelaide, Brizzie and Sydney during our trip to Oz, al loved all of them cities. Wouldn't really mind if I had to go to any of them. However, since Perth seems to be the place at the moment, being only one flight from the Republic, and having a not too bad climate, we didn't think about it too much.

I will surely miss Cape Town though. Just today, when we went to Tygervalley shopping centre, we looked up and saw the Hottentots Hollands mountains in it's full splendour. Macnificent! and surely to be missed when we eventually go over.

But we set to go.