Areas to live?

Mickey

Thank you for all the replies. I just need some more info, if I may? If my husband do get the job in Perth, it will be at Welshpool. Where will it be best to live then? Is there anybody that works in Welshpool or anybody staying in Bunbury. We are going to see the company on Saturday and we would like to tell them what we prefer and if Perth can not be our first choice we will settle for Bunbury. Unfortunately we do not know where Welshpool is and we will need to settle.

We are fortunate that the company came to SA to conduct the interviews. We are going over on a 457 but will soon as possible apply for PR. My husband is a fitter and machinist. Hope he will enjoy his work environment as he is really happy in his current environment.

Guest Seoul Sister

Hey there Mickey,

Welcome to the forum, I hope you will get the info that you need right here and that you will make many friends along the way.

I am sorry that I can't answer your questions, I have never lived in Perth. I did see your posting and thought of you when I came across the following, and thought I would share it with you :

"Bunbury Western Australia is home to an ever growing South African expat community. This site features a live webcam, city information, weather, Bunbury real estate and much more."

http://www.bunburyonline.com/

I don't know you and am not sure what you like, but when I look at those pictures and read about Bunbury (which I have never visited) it makes me want to move there YESTERDAY !! Isn't it just SO GORGEOUS ! OH MY, oh my !! I hope the Perth forumites will soon jump in and come up with some areas for you to look at, in the meantime, I thought I would just share this site with you.

Lindy-Lee has lived in Perth for some time and if you don't get a response here, maybe you could PM her ? She will be having a baby soon, so just hang in there if you don't get an immediate response.

Regards from here

SS

:)

Guest Colleen
Hello Mickey,

Welshpool and Bunbury are two totally different areas in Western Australia.

Welshpool is near Perth in a partly industrial/commercial area. Bunbury is almost 2 hours from Perth on the coast.

There are suburbs around Welshpool that have housing, schools, shops etc.

Bunbury is a seaside town which has experienced alot of growth in the past 5years.

Both areas are fine to live in.

Regards

Colleen South Africans In Perth

Hey there Mickey,

Welcome to the forum, I hope you will get the info that you need right here and that you will make many friends along the way.

I am sorry that I can't answer your questions, I have never lived in Perth. I did see your posting and thought of you when I came across the following, and thought I would share it with you :

"Bunbury Western Australia is home to an ever growing South African expat community. This site features a live webcam, city information, weather, Bunbury real estate and much more."

http://www.bunburyonline.com/

I don't know you and am not sure what you like, but when I look at those pictures and read about Bunbury (which I have never visited) it makes me want to move there YESTERDAY !! Isn't it just SO GORGEOUS ! OH MY, oh my !! I hope the Perth forumites will soon jump in and come up with some areas for you to look at, in the meantime, I thought I would just share this site with you.

Lindy-Lee has lived in Perth for some time and if you don't get a response here, maybe you could PM her ? She will be having a baby soon, so just hang in there if you don't get an immediate response.

Regards from here

SS

:)

Thank you very much. I appreciate every little bit of info that I can get. I can't seem to find any books here in S.A about Pert. They have all kinds of books on Sydeney and Melbourne but not Perth. We heard so many stories about Oz having 200 000 hijackings for last year and etc. We want to make sure that we stay in surroundings that is save, as I will be home alone during the evenings.

Thank you for all the response

Hi there Mickey

okay so I found out where Welshpool is...well sort of :blush:

Not sure if this will help at all but I found this site about the city of Canning, of which Welshpool is a part. Maybe you can get some info about the area or surrounding areas from it. Really hope it helps.

http://www.canning.wa.gov.au/Default.asp?bhcp=1

As for being alone at night...my hubby works shifts, so some nights he works from 7pm till 7am and I am alone with my 2 (nearly3) girls. we have no burglar bars etc etc and I have never felt scared or threatened. Not even in summer...I can sleep with my windows open. :ilikeit:

And yes there are some areas I wouldn't feel so safe. If you have any other areas in mind, feel free to PM me. I stay north of river so know more about them than South :whome: but will see what I can do for you.

Lindy-Lee

;)

Baie dankie vir die moeite. EK het 'n kaart gekoop oor Perth maar ek gaan nog steeds vra. Die noorde, watter plekke sal dit alles insluit? Waar in die noorde sou jy aanbeveel ons kyk na 'n plek. Ek weet elke persoon het verskillende voorkeure, maar dit is vir my beter om net 'n idee te kry van waar en dan van daaraf my huiswerk weer te doen. Ek het misdaad stats nagegaan ens. maar is ook al moeg vir dit. Ek werk elke dag met misdaad en het nie lus om eers verder enige ondersoek aangaande dit te doen nie. Dus ek wil nie te voorbarig wees nie, maar waar in die noorde het julle julself gevestig?

Baie dankie

Mickey

ons bly nou in Ellenbrook, het van Jan 2005 tot Maart 2006 in Tuart Hill gebly.

Hoe nader jy aan stad bly hoe duurder is dit en dan ook as jy langs kus wil bly.

die areas wat ek al gehoor het wat nice is...is Joondalup, Kinross, Carine, Duncraig, Kingsley...Butler ook gehoor is nice, Ocean Reef (duur).... dis wat ek van weet, maar daar is nog baie areas wat nice is.

dit hang als af hoe ver jy bereid is om werk toe te travel en hoe naby aan stad en kus jy wil bly.

Lindy-Lee

:ilikeit: