Coping with Housework?

Sandi

Okie Dokie Manny

Lets swop jobs for a day! But that day in the week that EVERYTHING needs doing!!!

Hello Nilo

I always enjoy reading your posts so I don't want to "fight" with you. : :boxing:I am however prepared to swop jobs for a day any time as long as you buy the drinks afterwards. ;)

We run our own company and we do our own "housework" and it is no big deal-"just another day at the office". :whome: The areas that I am responsible for have never been so clean......heeeee... hee.... :holy:

Enjoy!

Manny

Ps. See you in Brisbane sometime. We lived in Sinnamon Park/Westlakes for our first year in Oz and loved it.If I win the lotto I am moving to Noosa. ;)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nilo

• MzT

• MannyT

• Hennie-Pennie

Hi julle

Ek weet dit is nou al 'n ou topic ek wil net met julle iets deel wat werk.

Ek het altyd bietjie gesukkel met die kinders en manlief om hulle klere weg te pak na ek dit gestryk het. Toe kry ek 'n slim idee, ek stryk mos in die TV kamer voor die TV. Nou pak ek al die gestrykte klere op die sitkamerbanke, sorg dat daar nie 'n sitplek in die hele TV kamer oor is nie. ;)

Ek sê niks maar wanneer hulle nou in die aand lekker gemaklik voor die TV wil raak is daar geen sitplek nie. Sooo ... hulle moet eers hulle klere gaan bêre. Dit werk soos 'n bom. ;)

Hoe sê hulle ..... as jy nie sterk is nie moet jy slim wees. :whome:

Groete Wilna

Hi Manny

Wasn't fighting! And good on you for doing the housework and running a bussiness.

I also have no problem coping with my housework, in actual fact I enjoy it!

I however haven't got any kiddies to give attention to and no one that dirties the house, well except my doggie child thats equivalent to a 2 year old, thinking about that maybe a 2 year old is better they don't loose their hair!

My husband had been working night shift for a couple of weeks and for the first time reallized how much work it is to keep everything the way we like it! He's been spoiling me rotten ever since.

Happy cleaning

Nilo

Wilna

Jou bleddie slim skelm!! So bek moet jem kry!!!

Hi girls, guys and Nilo

If all else fails I suggest that you ..............dial an angel........www.dialanangel.com.au

Enjoy! ;)

Manny

Another great topic!

I am one of those spoiled people here in SA. I pay my housekeeper a very good salary (she says all her friends are jealous of her)

I clean the house each night and on the 3 days a week that she works it's only the ironing that I expect her to do.

The one thing that really concerns me (and it's not the housework) - when my children are sick she happily comes in extra days to take care of them while I go to work (I have yet to find a job where the boss doesn't mind a mother taking time off for her child) How do you guys cope with sick children when both parents work?

I know that we will both have to work when we get there - we won't have any support there so does this mean that one of us would have to stay home for "incase"?

In Aussie mommy's or daddy's are allowed to stay at home with their sick children. How good is that!!!

Another great topic!

The one thing that really concerns me (and it's not the housework) - when my children are sick she happily comes in extra days to take care of them while I go to work (I have yet to find a job where the boss doesn't mind a mother taking time off for her child) How do you guys cope with sick children when both parents work?

I know that we will both have to work when we get there - we won't have any support there so does this mean that one of us would have to stay home for "incase"?

You don't have to worry most companies are very considerate and you are allowed to stay home to look after your sick children. I also stressed about that before coming over but when i witnessed how other mothers are being supported i had a sigh of relief knowing that all will be fine when / my turn should come around.

YEah - my boss was great when my eldest was sick a few months back. I took one day off and my dh took a day off the next day. That way neither of us missed a great deal of work, and my daughter was taken care of.

I'm also fortunate that if it came to crisis point, I know I have two people to rely on - my cousin, and lovely Lara. Who has already come screaming round to my house to babysit my kids when I had to rush my cat to the vet in the middle of the night after it swallowed disinfectant!

Most people are very friendly though. Once you get here, and your kids are in daycare or school, you will meet other moms. And ASK them advice as to babysitters, daycare, and if you find another working mom, maybe offer to share fetch/carrying duties etc etc. I have found people very friendly in Aus.

Oh, and introduce yourself to your neighbours.

How do you cope?

Do you have a roster that you work to? Or are you lucky enough to have domestic help?

I need ideas coz I'm used to having a live in domestic back in South Africa that helped me with my kids too. Suddenly I find myself having to do it all & I'm battling to cope. Think it's partly what's getting me down.

Hi Sandi

Ester here, there is no roster to work by, depending on who you feel that day, will ensure the quality of work done. Don't stress too much, take one day at a time and try doing washing daily, that will take a lot of the stress off yourself. Not easy for any of us, but just to let you know, keeping your house work up to date a little bit each day, makes it easier.

Hi Sandi

Ester here, there is no roster to work by, depending on who you feel that day, will ensure the quality of work done. Don't stress too much, take one day at a time and try doing washing daily, that will take a lot of the stress off yourself. Not easy for any of us, but just to let you know, keeping your house work up to date a little bit each day, makes it easier.

Hi All

Well, I thought I'd add my 2c worth and recommend some time-saving products I've discovered - probably not the cheapest way, but sure as hell the fastest and therefore the most efficient in my mind!

For shower screen doors, you get this spray called Shower Sparkle (other brands too) - if you spray it all over the inside of your screen door straight after your shower, once or twice a week, you will never have to clean it again - it does it all for you and looks magic!

For 'dusting' / cleaning round the house you get these great anti-bacterial cleaning wipes - I buy the Pineocleen ones, and a pack of 50 lasts me a week or two. Instead of fiddling around with buckets and washing out cloths you just need a pack of these and a rubbish bag - can use for everything from kitchen surfaces to ornaments to floors to baths and loos. Great at cleaning up quickly after kids meals too.

Clare

For 'dusting' / cleaning round the house you get these great anti-bacterial cleaning wipes - I buy the Pineocleen ones, and a pack of 50 lasts me a week or two. Instead of fiddling around with buckets and washing out cloths you just need a pack of these and a rubbish bag - can use for everything from kitchen surfaces to ornaments to floors to baths and loos. Great at cleaning up quickly after kids meals too.

Clare

I'm also a great fan of the wipes. I like the glass one too. Great for mirrors and the outside of the shower doors.

Another thing that I wouldn't be able to live without now is my steam mop. They cost about $100 and are just so worth it! They make mopping so much faster and easier. :ilikeit:

Hi MzT

Ek het nogal gewonder of ek nie vir my so steam mop moet kry nie. Jy sê dit werk goed? Wat van die hoeke, maak dit mooi tot in die hoeke skoon of sal ek nogsteeds met 'n naelborseltjie op my knieë moet rondkruip? Kan mens dit op houtvloere gebruik?

Jammer vir al die vrae.... :ilikeit:

Wilna

Hi Wilna,

Sorry to say, but the steam mop doesn't get right into the corners. Close but not right there, so you might have to still get down on your knees sometime, which is a pain. :ilikeit: That's the one job I hate doing, and cleaning the grout of the tiles too. If anyone has some good ideas there I would love to hear them. :magic:

I found this topic on a form discussing steam mops on wooden and laminate floors. Reading some of the posts there I would be a bit worried to try it incase the wood swells up. :blink: but there are some other good ideas there. They work great for tiles though, and it's so much easier than the normal mop and not hard work at all.

Dankie MzT, op die oomblik is net my sitkamer hout maar in Auz weet ek nog nie hoe ons vloere gaan wees nie. Die knieë ding is aaklig my knieë breek na 5 min af. My man kry sulke bonusse by die werk en ek moet nou besluit tussen die steam mop of 'n nuwe stoompot, ek sal maar nog bietjie dink.

Dankie, Wilna :ilikeit:

Edited by wilna