JPS: Hello from Piet Retief

JPS

Hi everybody,

My wife and I are currently in the tedious process of trying to migrate to Australia. Everyday we just remind ourselves why we want to do it and that it will be worth the time. Soos my ma altyd sê: "Hou uit die mooi kom!".

Back to business: I have been a registered user to the forum for quite a while now, but sometimes I'm like a bull in a china shop and dive into something head first. <_< Please give me the opportunity to properly introduce myself. (Liewer laat as nooit nie).

I am one of the lucky people whose parents believe in family names, little did they know that I would have to right them every time I complete a form or something, hence my username JPS. Don't misunderstand me; I'm very proud of my names, both of them, but sometimes it takes longer to write the names than filling out the forms. :whome:

Anyway, I grew up on a farm and then completed my studies at the old RAU, now known as the University of Johannesburg, in 1997. I first did my B.Sc and then my honors degree in chemistry.

We are currently living in Piet Retief, Mpumalanga (the old Eastern Transvaal), and are looking forward to finally getting the word GO from Australia, but alas, I think we still have some time to go as we only started with the SIR about two weeks ago. I have, however followed the advice of the experts on the forum, and started to apply for a job in order to go over with a 457 visa.

Hope to give you an arrival date soon.

Enjoy the day!

:angry:

Guest Seoul Sister

Hi JPS,

Welcome to the forum. I hope you will meet loads of new friends here and that you will get answers to all of your questions. With regard to the tedious process and your mom's apt saying I have always loved the following :

"Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by fighting back."

- Paul Erdos (1913-1996)

Good luck on the admin/paperwork and let us know how/where and when we can help. Are you off to Adelaide or don't you have a specific place in mind ?

Love from Korea

Seoul Sister

:angry:

Hi SS,

This feels weird! Going back in time... :angry:

How are you today? I’ve got a question that has been bugging me since I first saw your status: “Gold Member” Does that have anything to do with Austin Powers? (Grappie julle) <_<

To get back to your question: If we have to go over with the SIR form, it will most probably be Adelaide, but if we get a work sponsor and we can go with a 457 visa, it will be where the job opportunity is.

Enjoy your day!

PS Thanks for the quote. I'll write it down and laminate it.

Edited by JPS

Guest Seoul Sister
Hi SS,

This feels weird! Going back in time... :ph34r:

How are you today? I’ve got a question that has been bugging me since I first saw your status: “Gold Member” Does that have anything to do with Austin Powers? (Grappie julle) :holy:

To get back to your question: If we have to go over with the SIR form, it will most probably be Adelaide, but if we get a work sponsor and we can go with a 457 visa, it will be where the job opportunity is.

Enjoy your day!

PS Thanks for the quote. I'll write it down and laminate it.

Hey,

Yip, you are right, it IS like going back in time. :whome:Gold Member, I only saw that now, when you said it. How cool is that !! :whome: Whowwweeee. I'm not an Austin Powers expert, is it in Austin Powers where Beyonce does her bit and then with the afro on says : "I'm a WHOLE LOTTA woman !!" (??) If it is then that can be the picture you see when you see the gold member... Hehehehehe, not Beyonce, obviously, I am not Bootylicious enough to be her, just the whole lot of woman bit.. Hehehe. :blink: This is coming out all wrong... *giggle* :angry: *thruuuut spit foot out of mouth*

Back to business.

Ok, so if you get a nice sounding job you will be moving to wherever the job is on a 457. If you don't get a job, you will be going with SIR and living in Adelaide. (This right ??) How's the job hunt going ? Anything we can do for you there ? You sending your CV to specific jobs or just to agents in general ?

(So many questions, still, you would think I have asked them all by now) <_<

Love from here

SS (the Non-German kind :holy: )

:blink:

Sorry, but I'm also not an Austin Powers expert, but I think you've got the right one.

The job hunt is going well; there are some places that will probably receive my CV twice. But hey, they can’t say I’m not persistent. <_<

I am working my way through the positions on the net, and I’ve also saved my CV on the databases of the various agents with this facility.

To come to the question about whether there is something you can do; any advice and help will be much appreciated! :angry:

Lekker dag!

JPS (At this stage the Non-Australian one) :whome:

I've got a question that has been bugging me since I first saw your status: "Gold Member" Does that have anything to do with Austin Powers? (Grappie julle) :)
JPS, the member levels are explained here. Also, once you have more than 100 postings, you can actually pick your own "title" from your control panel too! :sleep1:

:D Hendie

Hey JPS,

Look who's talking Mr "Junior member" hehe - or was that a "mini-me"?

Welcome and good luck with the process!

C'bug (the bronze one)

Edited by chatterbug

Oh behave, C'bug.

Thanks for the ego boost, but alas, I think I was that size at the age of three (that is months). I have to inform you that the only resemblance between mini-me and me, pardon the repetitiveness, is the hair. And yes, I know the guy is bold! :)

By the way, what kind of ocean creature are you ("sea bug")? Quote "Hehehehe". (Just joking Chatterbug!) :sleep1:

Nice chatting to you.

:D

PS Spare a thought for my poor wife, she's got to live with me 24/7! :D

Edited by JPS

I just have to commend all of you. You have done the almost impossible of using "written humour" and using it well. I had so much fun following your posts. :ilikeit::whome:

Nice to see people understand things in the way they were meant.

Hello JPS, you make me very hartseer for my old country, being from the good old "Oos Transvaal" myself. Allthough I would not want to go back there, unless for a short visit. :ilikeit:

Greetings

Dreamy

Hi Dreamy.

I almost asked you how things are going with Snow White and the other six dwarfs, but then I remembered it is Sleepy and not Dreamy.

Anyway, I’m glad if you enjoyed our verbal dueling.

I’m sorry to make you “hartseer” regarding the good old “Oos Transvaal”, but if it makes you feel better, I also miss the good old “Oos Transvaal”. :whome:

Enjoy your day.

JPS

:ilikeit:

Edited by JPS

Guest Seoul Sister

Hehehehe, Hi all,

Spare a thought for my poor wife, she's got to live with me 24/7!

Poor dear, that's why she makes you go to work in the mornings, even tho' she actually has millions (of dollars of course) stashed in her Swiss Bank Account. :ph34r: Just teasing, I can think of worse things. Oos Transvaal turning into the Voos Transvaal ? :ph34r: Aggenee, then I'm sommer missing it too now.

*phew* we sure have the metal membership thing going on, don't we !! :ilikeit: Oh no, I wish Hendie never said anything about being able to pick your own title.. :ilikeit: Since he has said that, I just can't stop thinking about it. Do you all still remember the relentless harassment and endless searches I sent all of the poor overworked fellow-forumites on for the perfect signature... While a kick in the butt while out jogging could have given me an imprint of the exact same silly little slogan I ended up with. :D So this time I am gonna have to think up something original all by my self. :blink: The pressure !! Hehehehehe. (Feel free to jump in at any moment with good suggestions ppl, as I have promised myself I will not rely on the kindness of the forumites again to bail me out, and so this is not a request for help, but please jump in and save me any time you see fit !!) :whome::ph34r::ph34r:

Oh my goodness. If I go with the Austin Powers theme, Lostin Powers comes to mind... Apt description, but am I really ready to share this with the world. :ph34r: If I go with the dwarfs, which is not the first idea that comes to a Korean mind when I walk amongst them, but let's just go with it: Would I be Loopy, Nutty or Bumpy ? And 'round and 'round I go...

OK, on to business :

Hey, JPS, hoe gaan dit met die job hunt ? Kan jy enige van die companies al bly maak met meer details of 'n interview ?

Love from here

SS

:ph34r:

Edited by Seoul Sister

Hi SS

I hear your plea for help and I must confess the first person for help that comes to mind is Dr Phil! :whome: (Just Joking!) But no worries mate; maybe I can be of assistance. You mentioned that you are walking amongst dwarfs, how about "Korean Giant" or wait "Alice in Wonderland”. :ilikeit:

As far as the job hunting are concerned, I feel at this stage like hunting elephants with a “Windbuks” or air rifle. But never say die, “they don’t call me die hard for nothing” Quote from: There’s a Zulu on my stoep (Leon Schuster).

Enjoy your day!

JPS

:ilikeit:

Edited by JPS

Guest Seoul Sister

Howzit,

ROTFL !!!

:lol::P:D:ilikeit:

You kill me !! Teeeehehehehehehehe. Zulu on my stoep, hehehehehe. That is really funny ! You are gonna be an excellent immigrant, persevering and funny - winning combination. Someone will see your potential soon, just hang in there.

Alice in Wonderland - :ilikeit: (hehehehe, how appropriate !!!)

Love from here

Seoul Sister

:)

Hi SS

We started out on this topic; going back in time, and today I want to go back in time again, I feel philosophical today. Don’t close this page because it’s not an evil twin or an imposter: yes I do have a serious side as well. Anyway, in answer to your Quote you gave me a millennium ago, (the one I laminated):

"Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by fighting back."

- Paul Erdos (1913-1996)

I wish to give you a few of my favorite ones. It was Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955) whom I wish to quote; boy was he a wise man. He is one of my idols and if I could go back in time I would loved it to be his student. Maybe it is because at one stage I almost understood what he meant with his relativity theory, anyway I am loosing my way again. Maybe you’ve read it before but this to me is awesome.

The first one, and probably my favorite:

Before God we are all equally wise – and equally foolish.

He was also a quite funny guy:

Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater.

If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.

He was also rather cynical:

I never think of the future - it comes soon enough

and also one of my favorites:

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Anyway, here is some food for thought.

Enjoy your day!

Chat to you soon! :ilikeit:

Hey JPS,

Touche my dear "Phallus in Squanderland"!

Now going back to the member thing - It does indeed look like you have been rather Phallus-sophical in your last couple of posts and scheez are you a bragger?; what with all the talk of "Korean Giants"; "die hard" (Is this to be read in Eng or Afr? - Eng I hope!); Snow white and the six dwarfs (whatever floats your boat!) and not to talk about the last part of that Einstein qoute about the future (ag sies man!)

Jou lelike ding!

And no you can't C my bug!

Cheers

THE BUG!

Edited by chatterbug

Hi Chatterbug!

Sorry if I offended you in some way, but I was using word play to bring a little humor from Squander land. Anyway, I don’t know whether you saw “Zulu on my stoep”, but if you did, you will surely know that I was not bragging about “die hard” (the English one) because the guy using it is quite comical.

The other stuff I said was not to attack you or anyone in person, only HUMOR!

Enjoy your day

JPS

Hi JPS

No offence taken at all......just my attempt to reciprocate at some humour....maybe a bit below the belt from me....hehe.... but all in line with the "naughty- Austin Powers-oh behave" theme.

I like your posts and quite enjoy some "verbal sparring", irony, innuendo, and paradoxical intent and my absolute favourite....freudian slips!

I felt I missed out one some of the latest posts....Anyway sorry for coming on too strong, I hope you see my "heart" (albeit a joking one) in this! don't mean to scare you off, I know and realise humour is quite difficult on a forum such as this, especially this kind.

You are a welcome addition to this forum!

Lekkerbly!

C'bug!

PS: SS was that a blush or a "where-is-this-going"? hehe?

Edited by chatterbug

:ilikeit::ilikeit::lol: haahaahaahaa :D:D:D heeheeheehee :):P:D ROTFL

You guys are so funny!

Ja Dreamy, dis jy wat my so aanhits en kyk wat vang ek toe nou aan, nou moet ons vir JPS weer teruglok en mooi soetwees vir 'n wyle! hehe - Even SS het nou verdwyn??

C'bug

Edited by chatterbug

I am a little Confucius :ilikeit: ; can one sentence mean so much? Better be thinking twice before I write something. :ilikeit:

As far as SS is concerned, I hope she didn’t jump on her bicycle and fled into the urban jungle. Be careful, she might be armed and dangerous, i.e. with that platinum credit card she mentioned previously :) . I believe she’ll be back with some of her razor sharp remarks! :lol:

PS Sorry for letting Freud slip, I am willing to pay for any personal liability on his part.

:P

Guest Seoul Sister

B) Howzit boys and girls !

Here I am :D - fling 14 shopping bags down on the bed. It would seem that my minute of stepping out, reminded me of the SHOPPING MECCA I am living in.. one thing led to another... (real Austin Powers stuff ;) ) and before I knew it I scorched the trusty ol' Plattie Card from too much action. :D:) Well, what else am I to do ? It's not as if you step out for a minute in Seoul, for the *cough* :P *cough* fresh air ! Oh the JOYS of limit-free credit cards, a credit-card enabling husband who adores me , 24 hour shopping and the WONDERS of retail therapy... *sigh* :D My life is complete.

JPS, excellent thinking ! I should consider the personal liability aspect :D , mmmm. Now I just need to figure out how I can palm off my latest little financial burn-out on external factors... :lol::D

Glad to see all is well in forumland today, :ilikeit: you had me worried there for a minute. Would love to stay and chat, but gotta be off quick to clear up some closet space ! :ilikeit:

Talk soon.

Love

SS

:D

Yeah Guys and Girls,

What did I tell you? Sharp as a Minora blade!

Better get back to work or I'll be "The Fugitive" :ilikeit: in Australia, me being without a work in ZA :ilikeit: long before getting my SIR for Australia.

Chat later when work is done!

:lol:

:):lol::lol::lol:

You make my day, all of you. All my depression disappears when I read your antics :hug:

Thanks for putting a little sunshine into someones' life...

Regards,

Dreamy