Time To Move!

Ruggers

Hi All,

I firstly would like to mention how fond I have grown of this forum. I have never really been a forum oke, but this forum has captured and kept my attention :ilikeit:

Secondly my reason's for leaving are probably similar to all of yours and that is naturally due to crime. Ah, but my story has a small twist and I would like to share it with all of you friendly\helpful people.

Attached, you will find two files, the first is the newspaper clipping from the NorthGlen news (Durban) of my story and the second is the story I sent to Carte Blanche. I have DVD photage, but that is way to big and graphic to attach here. Carte Blanche have voiced that they are intrested in my story and will contact me when they can fit it in. Personally, right now I am not phased whether they use it or not, I just want to try and help prevent anyone else from getting stabbed in that area.

Anyway, I am sure the two attachments will keep you busy and build up some heavy emotions :ilikeit:

My main goals for sharing my story with all of you, is definitely not to seek sympathy, but to show people I have tried to hang in there and stay in SA.

I have come to realise that it is time for me to take my little family and move on to a new safer place and that's why I am here.

Whew - if any of you would like to contact me you are more than welcome to do so on seandrayton@gmail.com

Cheers for now,

Sean Drayton.

post-2215-1187270516.jpg

StabbingFullStory.doc

Hi Ruggers,

Sorry of what happened to you. :ilikeit::ilikeit:

As Isaid previously on the forum, we were of the lucky ones till now, and don't want to wait till we are only one of the statistics or banners on the lamp poles!!

Good luck and hang in there!!!

Groetnis

JJ

Wow mate! indeed a miracle that you survived THAT! You're right, it's not worth risking your life and "hang in" in S.A. For what? You'll have a great life here in Australia. If I can help with anything from this side, advice or whatever, just ask.

Cheers

Charl

Wow its incredible how you survived.

You are making the right decision and I am sure you will not regret it!

Good luck with everything.

I think that the bulk of the forumites have been touched by various levels of crime, leading us to leave all we've built up behind to start over in a more controlled country. I realise that there is crime in Oz, but it's not at the level, or any where near, RSA.

We too have been touched by crime, luckily not as servere as yours. In six months we were burgled 4 times, one time I walked in on them! I shudder to think what might have happened if they hadn't just fled! On another occasion they tried to get into the house while we were all home! Thank goodness for my armed response co!

Good luck!

Aramat

Wow Ruggers.

You have just made me realize that the wait is worth it, i have lost all faith in this place and if i could leave today it would not be soon enough.

Cheers

Camper

Yikes bro,

Not even the Sharks are worth that. And I like the Sharks. :ilikeit:

:ilikeit: All that for a stupid cellphone.

God has given you a second chance, use it wisely! :ilikeit:

Sean,

Welcome!

I see you have a little one, I think when something so real happens to YOU and not the next person, when you realise that the Lord has given you a second chance, when you realise that your child might become a statistic and you have the power in your hands to change things.

Ever since I made the decision to go my whole outlook changed. I watch DSTV Crime and Investigation channel a lot(as if I am starved for crime) but what fascinates me is how when in other countries a murder is committed to what extent things are scrutinised and investigated. The person who has passed matters and is not a mere statistic.

Nice to have you with us, live each day to the fullest because you have been blessed to live a longer life and share it with your family.

Hiya Sean

Welcome to the forum. I have just read your story and wept. Jesus truly works miracles even today. It is so sickening, the hatred, the violence, you would have given them the cell if they had asked.

Yes, we are all doing the right thing for our families...if there is a safer place to go then God willing let us go there.

I also am not a big internet forum person and this one also grabbed me and is now the only one I have ever joined or visited regularly.

Hope you find all the help you need. Where are you heading to? We are hoping to land on the Gold Coast/Brisbane.

cheerio

lyse

Hi Sean,

Good God, what are you still doing there? :ilikeit: Please come over as soon as you can, for you and your families sake. We will help, just ask, I promise! :ilikeit:

Love and goodwill, peace and freedom,

Betsy.

Hi Sean

After what you have been through, immigrating to Aus with all it little trials and tribulations will be a walk in the park.

Good luck and we hope to welcome you soon!

Hi All,

Thank you for all the great support. That was one of the things that amazed me after the incident, was how incredibly supportive the local community were :D

Pls excuse the spelling and grammar in the letter, as I wrote that a few months after the incident and have never really got round to editing it.

When I read it yesterday after not looking at it for a year, I can see now that I was still battling with the anger and frustration of being a victim of those shady characters :blink: . Nice to know and now see that I have moved on from that time in my life, definitely not forgotten, but matured.

I noticed alot of you saying that the reason for yourselves leaving was for fear of something happening to your beloved family members. This is exactly what drove me to make the same final decision, it was not only due to my stabbing or seeing my attacker a few months later, it was actually when my Fiance was a victim of a smash and grab a couple months later. :D

Anyway, moving on now, we have saved up some cash and with some great support from our family have managed to buy a ticket for me to come over in Feb next year. Will be leaving here on the 8th and spend two weeks in Perth and one week in Sydney. During that time I will be working hard to meet with as many potential employers and hopefully secure myself a job offer in the IT field. Then return to SA and tie up the visa thing and move :ilikeit:

I actually have two quick questions I am hoping someone could answer:

1 - Do you know of anyone who has done it this way, as I don't have my degree yet (one year left), but have 7yrs experience in the IT Support environment.

2 - Would it be a good idea for me to wait to meet with the potential employers and they assist with a 457 or try and apply for a visa now?

Again, thank you all for you great support and excellent advice you provide everyone on this forum <_<

Many Thanks,

Sean (Aka: Ruggers)

1 - Do you know of anyone who has done it this way, as I don't have my degree yet (one year left), but have 7yrs experience in the IT Support environment.

Attached is 2007 Robert Walters salary survey for IT in Sydney, I put it in a spreadsheet and added Rand-amounts as well. This is purely for guidance though.