Jobs in Coober Pedy South Australia

Rison

For those of you who wish to experience a unique alternative outback lifestyle in Australia. The following jobs are available in Coober Pedy and will most probably be sponsored under the 857 RSMS regional migration scheme. These jobs could offer a migration pathway to Australia that is permanent.

*Cabinetmaker / Carpenter x1

*Linesman (Power) x2

*Diesel Mechanic x 1

Send resumes to cwiseman@nrdb.com.au (Regional Migration Officer) who will refer to relevant employers.

Note: Negotiations on sponsorship arrangements and conditions of employment will be between employer and applicants directly.

Rison,

If I'm not mistaken thats where they live "undergrownd" because of the heat.

Gotta realy be desperate for a sponsor to go there!!!

Nilo

Yes, underground and above ground. Very interesting town focussed on Opal mining. Employers are looking for staff there and this is a alternative migration option. I will leave it to people to judge themselves. Remember its a entry point and you don't have to stay there forever. It may not be what you and I want, but there may be people interested in this experience.

Sheesh, looks and sounds rough. Googled the name and reading wikipedia's info on the place reminded me of that crazy movie called: "The Hills Have Eye's"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coober_Pedy

Cheers, sien jou, bye :-)

Another interesting fact is that the most scenes from the movie Mad Max (with Mel Gibson) was made in Coober Pedy.

• 2 months later...
I think it sounds quite interesting. Don't know if I can handle the 50 degree celsuis heat in summer though.

Cannot be worse than living in Komatipoort :lol: , where it gets up to 55 degrees - with 100% humidity. The air is like syrup, and you're sticky all day.

Greetings

Dreamy

Coober Pedy is a very interesting place. I have been there, quite unique and spectacular sunsets over the outback desert, the rabbit fence and absolute, an I mean absolute silence on an a hill overlooking the valley. The rough edged rock faces that change to different colours of red and anything inbetween in the hot sun and the area where Mad Max film was shot. I different experience none the less, but a place worth seeing, even a beer in the underground pub or Hotel.

The phrase "Interesting place" does not even begin to do justice to Coober Peddy. To really get the best introduction to the place, you just have to arrive on Terradactle Airlines (Rex Airlines) and experiance the arrivals/departure lounge along with the remarkable ground staff!

I frequently have to travel to various exotic locations in the Outback and always via Coober Peddy where we make a point of filling up our water tanks for the weeks ahead. The water in Coober Peddy is probably the best quality to be found (unless you would rather go for bottled water). Apart from the water, I can't think of any other good reason to visit the place!!!

Oddly enough, one thing I did find at the local supermarket was a selection of South African curries. They are on a shelf near the back of the shop close to the parafin lamps and bicycle spares. Go figure! :thumbdown:

Edited by Mike