Perth coffee club

Lindy-Lee

Hi all you guys and gals in Perth

I want to organise a little get together at my place. (I live in Ellenbrook.)

Not sure who is in Perth and who is interested.

All of you that would like to do something like that can let me know and then I need to know one or two things from you as well.....

1) week day or week end?

2) just us girls or hubbys too?

As soon as I get some idea of when and who, I can look at a date and start organising. :rolleyes:

Hope to hear from u all soon.

Lindy-Lee

:ilikeit:

... moved your posting here Lindy-Lee, the Coffee Club forum is actually for wannabe immigrants in South Africa. Other meetings like yours should be discussed in the community forums until a date/venue is finalized, and then an entry made in the appropriate events forum. :ilikeit:

:rolleyes: Hendie

I am keen on the weekends. Shame lets include the men, they also want to meet new people I suppose

Hi

I agree with Michelle, lets include the men, I know mine would want to meet people other than those he works with. A good old braai maybe, and then the women (should they like each other) can always decide on time and places for coffee, just a thought.....

I think this is a great idea. You can count us in. Just a suggestion, should their be a lot of people interested (more than would fit in anybody's house, a picnic at Kings Park could also work.)

It is just going crazy at our place currently, we have purchased a house in Duncraig and the house was settled today on our name and we are moving in next week Friday. Moving house is not my favorite part time exercise. I am truly amazed at the amount of crab you can accumulate in a year since we arrived.

Hi all

Imagine if I posted a notice - come all to Joubert Park and lets meet! Ha ha - enjoy it. I hope you get together and have a great time. As soon as I'm in Perth again I'll "gate crash" and meet some of the faces behind the names.

Leon: good luck with the move, my mom moved this week (Rossmoyne to South Perth) and I can't get over the short time it takes from the offer to purchase and settlement. How do you guys get it right?(BTW "guys" in modern english is considered a generic term so don't accuse me of gender bias)

Hope to meet you all next time I'm over

Cindylou

Guest Colleen

HI Lindy-Lee,

Could you please email me as I would like to get your details for the gathering and forward them onto some of my clients who I believe would love to get to know other SA .

These are new families that I have helped and a familiar accent would be great for them.

Kind Regards

Colleen

SOUTH AFRICANS IN PERTH

Hi guys and gals

I haven't forgotten about our get together.

Will keep you all posted. :angry:

Lindy-Lee

<_<

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lindy Lee,

We anxiously wait to hear from you. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help with arrangements.

Hi All

I am not very active on the form but read a lot. We arrived in Perth 2 weeks ago and love it to bits. At present we are staying with friends but will move in to our new rental place on 22 May

We arrived in Oz with just our suitcases and are still busy with the task of buying all new things. We will be living in Shenton Park so let me know when you will be doing what and we can join as well.

Hi all

Sorry I've been so quiet but things have just gone hay wire this side. :ilikeit:

Got a damn virus on pc :) and it stuffed everything up.... not to mention how busy I am trying to sort out baby room and getting house ready for family visit...it just never ends ;)

okay here goes.....I contacted Whiteman park and this is what they had to say:

The shelters are available for reservation. They range in price from $45, $65 & $80 for the day.

Entry into Whiteman Park is free and then you pay for the various attractions as you use them.

For further information about our facilities, please call us on 9209 6000.

Many thanks

Jodi Squires

Customer Service Officer

Whiteman Park

Now where MY problem comes in is....I don't think I'm going to find a date within the next few months that suit me, but I do not want to keep you guys from meeting. By the time my hubby is back on off weekends (shift worker B) ) it's time for the family to arrive and while they are here, it's time for baby to arrive. Family only leaving in August. So the soonest I can do something will be in September :) .

And that seems sooooo long to wait.....if there is anyone who would like to organise something earlier, please feel free to do so, I don't mind, but I will most probably sit that one out.

Even if anyone does organise a get together for earlier it would be nice to do something any time from September as well seeing as the weather is better then.

So for now I'm putting my plans on hold until September but as I said, if any one wants to go ahead and organise something, please feel free....who knows by some miracle I might just beable to make it.

Once again sorry for the whole delay.