Renting in the Hills area Sydney

LiezelM

Hi everyone

Ok, I've searched and searched and can't find the answer I'm looking for. I see some of you have paid 6 months' rent in advance, and well, we can't afford that :D

How much in deposit would you have to pay, or rent in advance, if you want to secure a place? Do you pay a month's rent for deposit, plus the month's rent, or how does it work?

Please help! We need to get an idea of budgets.

Thanks a mill!

Liezel

Hi everyone

Ok, I've searched and searched and can't find the answer I'm looking for. I see some of you have paid 6 months' rent in advance, and well, we can't afford that :D

How much in deposit would you have to pay, or rent in advance, if you want to secure a place? Do you pay a month's rent for deposit, plus the month's rent, or how does it work?

Please help! We need to get an idea of budgets.

Thanks a mill!

Liezel

Liezl,

Ek gaan gou my selfoon nr vir jou pm - as jy wil - bel my, dan gesels ek gou met jou. Ons huur in die Hill area.

Groete

Tania

Hi!

Ons huur in die Hills area in Cherrybrook. Ons moes een maand se "bond", gewoonlik 4 weke se huur, betaal en 'n "holding deposit" van $500. Gewoonlik bied mense aan om bv 2 maande se huur vooruit te betaal om te verseker dat hulle die eiendom kry.

Al vereiste was dat ons die 100 punte toets moes slaag, waar jy vir sekere dokumentasie 'n sekere hoeveelheid punte kry. Sien link hier onder, dis wat mens gewoonlik nodig het as jy 'n eiendom wil huur.

100_Point_test_for_rent.pdf

Hoop dit help!

Tania

Hi

Ons het 4 weke vooruit betaal en obviously ook die bond.

Die ander advies wat ons gekry het is om `n verwysingsbrief van die werk af te kry en sommer van iemand wat jy hier ken. Dit moet se dat jy mooi na die plek sal kyk ens. Ek dink dit het gehelp.

Groete

Johan

Dis great! Baie dankie julle! Tania, gee jou 'n lui more?

Dis great! Baie dankie julle! Tania, gee jou 'n lui more?

Dis reg so Liezel. :D

Tania

I handed in my application form yesterday afternoon for an apartment in the Century Tower in the city. Together with copies of passport, visa, NSW driver licence, ANZ bank statement, 3 reference letters, my CV, proof of property ownership in South Africa etc.

As most of you know I am still looking for a job, so I told the leasing agent if the owner is difficult, he must say I will pay 2 months' rent in advance. The agent called back 2 hours later and said the place is mine! So today I will hand over a cheque for the refundable bond (equal to 1 month's rent) as well as 2 months' rent in advance. Yikes, quite a lot of money... so now I just have to find a job before October!