Anybody on the Forum

RoMar

Hi all

Just wanted to find out if there's anybody on the forum who lives in the Browns Plains / Logan area who can share some photos. Hubby and I are planning on going to live there - believe there's quite a large community of Saffers there particularly in the suburbs of Tana Merah, Shailer Park and Daisy Hill. Thanks a stack. Marcia

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all

Just wanted to find out if there's anybody on the forum who lives in the Browns Plains / Logan area who can share some photos. Hubby and I are planning on going to live there - believe there's quite a large community of Saffers there particularly in the suburbs of Tana Merah, Shailer Park and Daisy Hill. Thanks a stack. Marcia

Hi Romar,

Both my sons and their family live in that area, Woodridge and Kingston. There are some lovely homes in the Logan area all very midclass sort of homes. Queensland (Brisbane) is full of queenslanders, best discribed as homes built on steelposts with the bottoms closed in for garages and laundry/storerooms. I got a picture of one of them somewhere will try posting it. I just love Daisy hill must be because of the hyperdome shopping centre :ilikeit: (not that I do a lot of that) cinemas and places to eat. Never have to go into town for anything

Edited by chester

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Chester

Thanks for that info - sorry it took so long for me to respond but life's been hectic and haven't had much chance to go on the forum.

My hubby received a job offer in Toowoomba about two weeks ago so now we've had to scrap the plans on going to Logan - but that's fine with us - a job offer is better than nothing. They say that we are going to love it there. Hopefully it's far enough away from the sea to have the least amount of humidity :thumbdown:

Thanks a stack and if you manage to find that photo please could you post it anyway.

Regards,

RoMar

HI Romar,

You going to love it in Toowoomba, it's like staying in Pietermaritzburgh instead of Durban. Not to far away from the sea but close enough for a weekend away or day outing. When you get there make a point to go to Bunya mountains, just lovely for a day picnic or hire a holiday cottage in winter for the weekend. Beautifull rainforest bush trails to walk, feed the birds or go for ride on a wagon pulled by 2 Clydesdale horses with a billy tea and homemade damper. Very reasonable prices. We are booked for the weekend of 7/10 September, 3 Queensized br's, confortable home with a fire place, cost $360 +-

I got photos of our last holiday with the kids, grandson was 2 then trying to catch himself a kangaroo/wallaby. My both grandsons are 4 years old now, so they going to enjoy the wagon ride this time. :(

Regards Rina

Hi Rina

Thank so much for that information - most definitely will be exploring when we get there. Sounds wonderful and from the pics I've seen, looks great too.

Thanks again.

Marcia