Electrical appliances, beds, etc.

Springbok

Hi everyone

Time to go shopping... just want to get a few opinions from the Sydneysiders.

I'm moving into my apartment at the end of the month and need to buy the following:

Queensize bed & matress

Linen for bed (sheets, duvet & cover, pillows)

Fridge (LG)

Washing machine (what is a good brand?)

Microwave oven (LG)

Kettle

Kitchen utensils

Pots & pans

Cutlery

Dinnerware

Glassware

Now I've heard about Supacenta and Homemaker Superstore... any other suggestions around Sydney CBD?

My diningroom table and lounge set is on the way with the container, so no need to buy that.

Thanks

Charl

Edited by Springbok

There's a few huge home centres in the Hills (Victoria Rd & Celebration Dr) and also in Auburn (Parramatta Rd). Maybe not so close to the CBD, but worth the visit to compare...

Home-wares (cutlery & stuff) you can find in the QVB Building Basement or try the "House" shops & Ikea. There's a humongous Ikea in Rhodes Shopping Centre.

Linen you can try Target, Ikea, Sheet Street - these you'll also find in the home centres for cheaper.

For factory Oulets allover Sydney (huge savings!!) go to www.bargainshopper.com.au Eg the Sunbeam Factory outlet in Botany Rd Alexandria, 2nds World (a few of them in Sydney), World Kitchen (O'Riordan Str Alexandra), etc.

Hi,

The Goodguys for electrical appliances and washing machines. There are a couple of stores around Sydney. This is the Goodguys in Castle Hill. Give them a call and find out where the other stores are. I know there is one in Chatswood or surrounds.

I bought my Bosch Maxx 1200 washing machine and other applicances form Goodguys and have had excellent service.

I've also heard of Clive Peters. I know there is a store on Parramatta Road.

I can also recommend Ikea for kitchen utencils, pots and pans, dinnerware and glassware. Have a look at their online catalogues.

A good make of bed and matress in Aus is Sleepmaker. Most shops selling beds have this make.

SAS

Charl

I can highly recommend Winning Appliances We bought our fridge a Fisher & Paykel there and a Bosch Washing Machine & Bosch Dryer there. Been very happy with their prices and service. My brother recently got married and they bought their appliances there as well. My mother recently had to replaced her Bosch washing machine it lasted 14 years she just replaced it with another Bosch from Winning Appliances.

We usually go to the Cross Nest Branch.

If you want to buy quality and at a reasonable price I would go to Victoria’s Basement in QVB or Peter’s of Kensington

For a

Kettle

Kitchen utensils

Pots & pans

Cutlery

Dinnerware

Glassware

Peter’s of Kensington will provide you with a large choice of goods to choose from then Victoria basement.

When it gets to linen I’m a big supporter of the Sheridan Brand but it is really pricey. I know that in St Ives Village shopping centre there is often a sale on at the Sheridan shop or you can try DJ ( David Jones) in the city.