Hubby in Melbourne and "Mrs" still in S.A.

Waltzing Matilda

My husband has just recently arrived in Melbourne on 28 June 2007. He started his new job on 02 July 2007. He had never been to "Oz" before and is really impressed with how things work there. He applied for a bank account on the Friday and received his bank card in the post the following Wednesday. (Pretty Cool) At the moment he is staying with family friends in Templestowe until he finds his feet. He has his hands full with arranging private medical aid, finding a car and getting finance for it and of course looking for a place for us to stay. I am still back home in S.A. just waiting for the sale of our home to be finalised so I can tie up all the loose ends here before I come over. I am really looking forward to getting there - You know how it goes - "Patience is a virtue"

Catch ya later,

Cheers

Waltzing Matilda

Hi Girl,

Hang in there, you are almost there and then you can tell us all about it.

Tell J he must give us some feedback so that we know how he is experiencing everything.

Take Care,

Tanja

I wonder who thought of that one "patience is a virtue"!! Wonder if the person had to have patience.

Well if it is I'm very viruous!! All of us migrating are!!!!

Good luck Matilda I hope time flies!! And you are waltzing with your hubby before you know it!

Lovies

Nilo

That is so weird, it looks like we're going to be in exactly the same position. I have had recent confirmation of a job in Melbourne and will have to come through before Jill. Would love to chat to your husband; get a few pointers for one about to do almost exactly the same thing.

Regards,

Stuart

Yes, we are also in the same position. We are just waiting for the house to be sold then we are off to Melbourne. Hopefully August.

Welcome to all the Melburnians! It is a great place to be. We are having the time of our lives.

My husband also came out before me and he also had the daunting task of finding a house, car etc but it worked out well in the end. Before you all know it you are here and celebrating with each other.

Good luck with everything

JG