Chocolate sauce made with Tim Tam balls

Cindylou

This is one of my favourites for a quick chocolate sauce - saw it on Antony Worral Thompson's "Saturday Kitchen"

Ingredients

125g plain chocolate (70% cocoa)

150ml double cream

150ml milk

1 tbsp caster sugar

packet of chocolate sweets, Tim Tams (are the best), whispers or maltezers

1. Heat the plain chocolate, double cream, milk and sugar together in a pan until the chocolate and sugar have melted.

2. Add the chocolate sweets and serve immediately

The choccie balls must be just starting to melt when you serve the sauce - best on vanila ice cream.

Now, does anyone know where I can find Tim Tam balls in SA? :ilikeit:

Guest Seoul Sister

Ohhhhh, that sounds SO GOOD !!

I'm afraid I would eat as is, without even pouring it over the ice cream !! yummmmmy.

If I get to Oz in June/July, I'll send you some Tim Tam balls. Ok ?

I'm printing this out and keeping it. Maybe we can have a Sydney-eat-the-Cindylou-recipe-get-together...

Love from here

SS

:ilikeit:

SS you make my mouth water!

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Luv, CL

Guest Seoul Sister

Oooo, I know I will enjoy it !! (I'm sorry for being so totally ignorant, but where in Oz are you on your way to ?) Maybe I can have the Cindylou of Cindylou-chokkie-sauce over for some SERIOUS decadency !!

Love

SS

Hi SS

I'm on my way to Perth, so won't be able to join you in Sydney, but I'm sure I'll be there one day - doing the tourist thing, ya know - and then we can all get together for some self indulgence!

Love

CL

Guest Seoul Sister

You're on !! It's a date !

Perth, you lucky thing. It's my first choice, but since money makes the world go round, we will have to go to Syds, until our ships come in.. B)

Love

SS

:)

(Hendie please help me !! , I need a smiley like this :ilikeit: with chocolate around the mouth !!)

It's really funny how things work out - I'd love to settle in Queensland, the weather appeals to me B) , but as I have family in Perth that's where we're headed. (not a fan of wet winters)

One day my ship will come in and I'll be at the airport! :thumbdown:

Have a great day

CL

• 2 months later...
Guest Sunshine Sister

Hey C'Lou,

Well here I am and of course I still remember the promise I made, if you PM me your addie, I will throw some Tim Tams your way !

Loads of love

SS

Hi SS

Great to see you around again! I opened my last box of Tim Tam biscuits (bought from the local PnP can you believe!) last night, so this is a coincidence.

Just tell me one thing - have you too fallen under the Tim Tam spell? They are my v best. I can't believe that you're going to send me some TT balls! Do I have a fairy godmother in Australia or WHAT?

Lots of love

C'Lou