Driving schools in the Hills area

LiezelM

Hi Guys

We are here on a 457, and need to do our driver's licence. It has been recommended that we go for a driving lesson before we do the test again, just to brush up on a few pointers :thumbdown:

Can anyone tell me what the best/recommended driving schools are in the Hills area?

Thanks a mill

Liezel

Hi Liezel

My wife and I did our drivers license test a few months ago at the Castle Hills RTA - we both took a few lessons from Allen Bashin 0412 417 660 - very friendly, patient and knows the Hills testing routes and tricks very well.

Good Luck

Gerhard

Hi Gerhard

Just a quick question. How long did it take you to get your license. My husband is arriving in Sydney early Oct, and will need his drivers license for his job. He is on a PR, so will only be able to drive with his SA license for 3 months (Am I correct in saying this??)

We are also looking at the Hills area, so thanks so much for those contact details, I am sure we will be using him!!

Thanks so much Gerhard! I'll be sure to give him a call :D

Hi Gerhard

Just a quick question. How long did it take you to get your license. My husband is arriving in Sydney early Oct, and will need his drivers license for his job. He is on a PR, so will only be able to drive with his SA license for 3 months (Am I correct in saying this??)

We are also looking at the Hills area, so thanks so much for those contact details, I am sure we will be using him!!

Hi

Yes - on a PR you have 3 months to get your Drivers License. We first had to to do the "Knowledge Test" - which is a theoretical test - after you pass that you need to book for a drivers test - all in all it took about a month - the tests aren't difficult - you just need to be aware of how they test and what they look for. You will find most of the information you need on the RTA website RTA Website

The good thing about being forced to do the test is that with the NSW Drivers License in your wallet, you feel part of the system as it is the best form of identification in your everyday life.

Good Luck

• 3 weeks later...
My wife and I did our drivers license test a few months ago at the Castle Hills RTA - we both took a few lessons from Allen Bashin 0412 417 660 - very friendly, patient and knows the Hills testing routes and tricks very well.

I went for a driving lesson this morning at the Castle Hills RTA with Alan Bhasin, really pleasant guy and he pointed out a lot of tricks I can expect at the actual test. The Castle Hills RTA is in Anella Avenue, near the Hills Homemaker Centre, corner of Showground Road and Victoria Avenue. Alan's website is www.royaldrivingschool.com.au - $55 for 1 lesson of an hour.

Thanks Springbok! Will definitely give them a try :)