Heart Rate Monitors

Springbok

For those of you who like running, cycling or just general fitness in the gym, invest in a Polar Heart rate Monitor if you haven't done so already. Most of them double as a watch as well. And there are models styled specially for women too! In Australia, you can get them at http://www.pursuit-performance.com.au/polar/

You get different series:

F - Fitness

WM - Weight Management

RS and S625X - Running

CS and S725X - cycling

AXN - extreme outdoor events

For cyclists, the CS series is more like a cycling computer. If you prefer to have something that looks more like a wristwatch (with fittings for you bike), get the S725X. You can also download your exercise data to your home computer or laptop and analyse your workout.

These are really very handy tools to optimize your workout. You can set your own heart rate zones and the monitor will then beep if you slack off too much or if you are starting to overexert yourself. Plus many more features like how many calories are your burning etc. Visit the website above for more info.

Enjoy!

You get different series:

F - Fitness

WM - Weight Management

RS and S625X - Running

CS and S725X - cycling

AXN - extreme outdoor events

For cyclists, the CS series is more like a cycling computer. If you prefer to have something that looks more like a wristwatch (with fittings for you bike), get the S725X. You can also download your exercise data to your home computer or laptop and analyse your workout.

Enjoy!

Springbok

How do the prices compare to here, as i still have a Polar M52 and would like to get the S720/5 once i get there.(if the price is better)

Txs

Jacques :thumbdown:

Springbok

How do the prices compare to here, as i still have a Polar M52 and would like to get the S720/5 once i get there.(if the price is better)

Txs

Jacques :ilikeit:

Buy in South Africa if you are still there.

I bought the S725X last year for R2499. Here in Australia it costs $649 = R3894, so 56% more expensive in Australia!!