Hello

Sambo

Hi All,

Well after much consideration and lengthy debates we have decided that, we too, are "packing for Perth" :blink:... Our young family includes me, dad and our two gorgeous girls one aged 3 and the other just 8 months old.

We are going to be doing our PR136 application solo i.e. on our own as it is pretty straightforward. Hubby is a Mechanical Engineer with an MBA and I just have to add that after reading many of the application threads - all of you have given us the confidence to do this all without an agent!!

Actually I have just paid for dads IELTS test as he has to do it as apart of his Engineers Skills Assessement :jester: so we are atleast one step closer... well two actually as we have applied for the girl's passports as well - which was a hysterical story in itself!! I organised for one of those queing companies to do their passports as I didn't want to sit in home affairs with two youngsters - anyway the Co's representative arrived - camera in hand and my 3 year old refused point blank to have her photo taken... :jester: so I sat there trying to bribe her with anything I had handy... finally her nanny holding her hand and a box of smarties later - we got the teary eyed passport photo... funny little people!

Anyway - thank you all so much for your info on this forum - it has been a Godsend and I am pretty sure that I will be doing much of my research right here

Chat soon

Sambo

Hi Sambo - good on you - it is a gutsy thing to do! Just thought I would throw a little snippet - I don't know if you have work organised but the Multicultural group here in Gladstone sent around a note to SA's here saying that engineers in ALL fields were being sought. You might like to do some research on that one. Just a suggestion.

Good luck and take care

Pat

Thanks all for the welcome!!

Thanks Pat for that snippet!! I showed my DH some of the carreer websites found all over this very helpful forum and he was absolutly SHOCKED to see how in demand engineers are - I think that helped in making our decision to leave easier.

Chat soon

Sambo

Hi Sambo and Family

Welcome to our little cyber family.!!

Welcome!

Good luck with all of your plans!