Going to Perth

Mary

Hello! I'm kind of new on the forum, my hubby (Homer) did a few posts earlier in the year, and I have been reading this forum just about every day since then, finding it extremely interesting. You could say I'm addicted to the forum!!! My hubby has been offered a job in Perth, the sponsorship and the nomination has been approved, so now we are ready to lodge the 457 application. He has done a skills assessment with ACS which was approved in April this year, so we will be applying for PR as soon as we get there. We were originally applying for PR from here, but we were 5 points short. We have two boys, aged 12 and 10 and hope to be in Perth Oct/Nov/Dec. I like the sound of Duncraig / Carine area. Would love to hear from anyone else going to Perth.

Hi Mary

We just got confirmation of our nomination for sponsorship today :ilikeit: ,so now we need to apply for our visa. We have been looking at the Iluka(Beaumaris Beach) and the Butler area ( Jindalee ).

Good luck and hope to chat soon

Sugen

Hi Mary

We are leaving for Perth on the 11th of August on a 457 visa and our 136 is also in progress.

Our boys are 2 and 3 1/2 years old. Our 457 came through last Friday and we have only 7 weeks left in SA!

We are going to stay in holiday accomodation for the first two months until our container arrives. We don't have any idea in which are we are going to stay. My husband's work is in South Perth but most people say the northen suburbs are nicer. We will drive around once we get there and then decide on a place to stay.

Good luck with the 'waiting'!!!!

Regards

Tanya

Hi Sugen,

Congrats, that's great news! Are you going to lodge your application yourself electronically or are you going through an agent? We are going to try and do it ourselves, it seems pretty straightforward, but we'll see how it goes....

Hi Mary

We are leaving for Perth on the 11th of August on a 457 visa and our 136 is also in progress.

Our boys are 2 and 3 1/2 years old. Our 457 came through last Friday and we have only 7 weeks left in SA!

We are going to stay in holiday accomodation for the first two months until our container arrives. We don't have any idea in which are we are going to stay. My husband's work is in South Perth but most people say the northen suburbs are nicer. We will drive around once we get there and then decide on a place to stay.

Good luck with the 'waiting'!!!!

Regards

Tanya

Hi Tanya,

Thanks for the reply!

How long did it take for your 457 to be approved, from the date you lodged your application?

My husband's work is also in South Perth but we really like the northern suburbs near the beach (went last year for a week and fell in love with Perth) and I think we will definitely settle nearer the beach. My husband doesn't mind having to travel to work.

If you don't mind, I would really like to stay in touch with you when you get there and find out how you get along with your PR 136 visa application, as we will be doing the same.

Enjoy your last 7 weeks in SA - I'm sure they'll go by very quickly!

Regards,

Mary

Hi Mary

Welcome to the forum. We are already in Perth and loving it. Carine and Duncraig are lovely areas. The traffic here is a bit like the traffic in Durbs, so it is not really THAT bad. I see you are from Hillcrest :D I used to live in Kloof.

We have just received ackonowledgement of our PR application so we are also playing the waiting game.

Good luck with all the paperwork, packing, farewells etc.

Feel free to contact us, if you need anything :D

HI Mary

We're just down the road from you in Kloof and have recently started the whole process. We're going over in October for LSD trip so it will probably be another year from then before we get to Perth - all going well.

If you ever feel like getting together for a cup of coffee at Spriggs, just PM me!

Good luck with all your arrangements and preparations, you must be so excited! Wish it was us!

Bye

Lisa

Hi Mary

Welcome to the forum. We are already in Perth and loving it. Carine and Duncraig are lovely areas. The traffic here is a bit like the traffic in Durbs, so it is not really THAT bad. I see you are from Hillcrest ;) I used to live in Kloof.

We have just received ackonowledgement of our PR application so we are also playing the waiting game.

Good luck with all the paperwork, packing, farewells etc.

Feel free to contact us, if you need anything :D

Hi there - thanks so much for the warm welcome.... I have been reading your posts, and was very happy for you when your dogs arrived in Perth - you must have been thrilled to see them! I will definitely be in touch with you

Regards,

Mary

Hi Lisa - would love to get together - I have "pm'd" you - hope you get it because it's the first time I've sent a pm and I'm not sure I did it correctly!

Mary,

We are living in Duncraig. It is close to the freeway, sea and Public transport (train) as well as the Mitchell Freeway. I am working in West Pperth and is +- 18 km from work. My wife's son is in year 11 in Carine high school which is one of teh beetr public schools in WA. It is a personnal choice and oviously afordibility play a role but you will not make a mistake with Carine or Duncraig.

Mary,

Lets try again with the spel check on this time around:

We are living in Duncraig. It is close to the freeway, sea and Public transport (train) as well as the Mitchell Freeway. I am working in West Perth and is +- 18 km from work. My wife's son is in year 11 in Carine high school which is one of the better public schools in WA. It is a personal choice and obviously affordability play a role but you will not make a mistake with Carine or Duncraig.

Hi Leon,

Wow, thanks for the info - it's so nice to get first-hand experience. I have head good things about Carine Primary and High School, so I think it would be my first choice. Do you by any chance know which suburbs we would have to live in to be "zoned" for Carine Primary?

Hi Mary

Our 457 visa took 10 weeks. There was backlog in the processing of the visas. But looks to me like that is over know.

We have never been to Australia so I don't know what to expect. Many people write about Duncraig...

Will keep jou posted on our "journey"!!!

Regards

Tanya

Edited by Tanya

Hi Tanya

This must be such an exciting time for you! Looking forward to hearing about your journey - good luck and will definitely keep in touch!

Regards,

Mary