New in Adelaide

Dominique

Hi there

My husband and I arrived in Adelaide on the 3rd of May. We simply love Adelaide and am very pleased with our decision to settle here. I am very glad to have come across this website as it seems to have lots of info that could be very useful. I see that there will be a get-together on Tuesday evening at the Hackney Hotel. We'll definitely be going. It will be good to see some ex-South Africans, we're getting a bit home sick and the cold weather is not helping much.

Hi there! :blush:

Welcome, I have found this forum very helpful and informative and I believe you will too. We live in a small town called Port Pirie, about 230km north of Adl.

We have already met many wonderful Ex South Africans in Adl.

Unfortunately, the get-together you were talking about was on 26 June 2006 not 2007 :blush: . It was a year ago. But I believe that there soon will be another one.

Kind Regards

Aneldari

I think there is one every month in the Hackney Hotel - unfortunately due to work I've never been - I believe its always on a Tuesday

According to the sanetsa.com website there will be a get-together this Tuesday evening from 6pm. If this info is wrong, could anyone please let me know. I don't want to brave the cold and find that there is nothing happening. :o

Hi Dominique

The South African Network get together is definitely on Tuesday, 26 June 2007 at the Hackney Hotel from 6pm.

Adress is Hackney Hotel,95 Hackney Road, Hackney/Adelaide.

Enjoy!!!

Manny

Welcome to Adelaide Dominique. :o

We haven't been to the Hackney get-together because I have to speed home to feed the kids after work, but I'm sure it will be interesting. One of these days I'll have a coffee morning when it's school holidays. :unsure: