Suburbs in Perth Joondalup

Lisa T

HI all

Well we've been doing a lot of investigating and have booked our LSD trip 7-14 October. I think this should give us enough time to look around and really get to mingle with some of the locals and hopefully to meet up with some of you Saffers!

We've exchanged our RCI ownership at a place called Joondalup Resort which they say is on a golf course and 750m from the sea and about 20 minutes from Perth CBD. Do any of you know it?

This leads me to another question regarding suitable suburbs in Perth:

We've read many threads on the forum about Hillary's and Duncraig as being great suburbs, but it would be nice to know if any of you live in Joondalup? Where is this situated and why has this not been mentioned on any of the forum threads? The housing looks very nice and it also looks like it's a reasonable distance to everything. ARE THERE ANY NEGATIVES TO CONSIDER WHEN LOOKING AT JOONDALUP? We've checked out the real estate websites regarding this suburb and can't really find anything negative about the place, but then again, it's better hearing from you guys over there.

Any feedback, positive or negative would be appreciated.

Is the schooling perhaps not as good as other suburbs.

Thanks and look forward to hearing comments.

Lisa

Hi Lisa

The City of Joondalup encompasses loads of suburbs, one of which is Joondalup, take a look at the Map

The resort you have booked into is in Connolly....

To give you an idea of where suburbs are use Where is

At the end of the day there are not many BAD suburbs although there are quite a few that are old and run down.

Hope this helps

Gaille

*EDIT* Take a look at the Council Website: www.joondalup.wa.gov.au

Edited by The Parsons Family

Hi Gaille

This certainly helps to put things in perspective. It also shows which towns are closer to Perth CBD and to the sea, which obviously influences home prices too.

This is a big help,

Thanks

Lisa

Dear Lisa

I live about 5 minutes from Joondalup resort. It is a lovely Golf Resort , nice facilities, close to Jonndalup City and Lakeside shopping centre. There is a little shoping center about 1min away called Farmer Jacks.

Connolly/Joondalup /Currambine /Ocean Reef /Iluka/Burns Beach are all lovely areas in which to stay.

If you have children then, there are also good schools in the area.

The South African shop is located in Joondalup, and beleive me there are plenty of us staying in these areas.

When you arrive in October , you are welcome to come for a coffee/drink , just Pm me your email address and I will let you have my contact details.

Regards

Enrica :D

Hi Enrica

Thanks for the interesting information. It would be great to meet up with you when we're there just to chat and get some background info.

My husband has pointed out to me that we are going to be there over the World Cup Rugby. Are there any good pubs/spots in the area we are staying that would be screening the rugby? I made a mistake in my initial post, we are in fact going to be there for 2 weeks, 7-21 October.

Thanks again for the info.

Bye

Lisa

Lisa,

There are some good taverns in Joondalup and I am sure that they will be screening the World Cup Games.

When my husband goes thru to Joondalup Resort , I will ask him to check if the hotel will be screening the games as well .....we are going to be 6 or 7 hours ahead of France so the games will be late at night!!!!!

Cheers

Enrica

Hi

The resort you chose is called the Joondalup Golf Resort, ABSOLUTELY STUNNING !!! Stayed there during our lsd trip in May . The resort encompasses a beautiful golf course , is easilly accessible to all shopping centres and malls , the resort is very open ie accessibility and the restaurants are awesome. You and your family will enjoy the place and Perth is AWESOME! ;)

Good luck

Sugen

Thanks Sugen, it's always nice to hear from people who have stayed in a place and given it a good rating! As we're there for 2 weeks, we wanted a self catering option so we've got a 3 bedroom townhouse on the golf course. Do you know if they had babysitting facilities because we are going to have a lot of ground work to do and it will be too hectic running around all day with our just-turned-two-year-old in tow!

Thanks

Lisa

Lisa

Hi. Cannot recall if there is babysitting facilities there. Best option would be to call the resort directly. Our suggestion would be to take baby along as he/she will definetly enhance your choice of making the move. We carted our 13 month old around and just watching her enjoying the parks and the beach definetly made our decision alot easier.

Sugen