Boeretroos (Coffee) in Australia?

Trapsuutjie

Hallo everyone,

I was wondering if anybody could give me a bit of advice on coffee in Australia that taste similar to Ricoffee, Nescafe and Frisco in South Africa.

Since everything will be turned upside down when we land in Australia, a bit of familiar tasting "boeretroos" would probable be just the thing to get one through.

Thank you.

Trapsuutjie.

Hi

If you used to dink Nescafe Classic then it is here it is just called Nescafe Blend 43. Not sure about Frisco and Ricoffy as I don't know what they taste like :)

Cheers

Not being a coffee conoisseur myself, a couple of folks I know drink Nescafe Espresso.

It might be worth a try.

I used to drink Koffiehuis (similar to Frisco) in RSA and haven't found anything similar. Nescafe Blend43 compares to Nescafe but that's way too strong for me. I'd given up on coffee and was only drinking the 5 Roses tea that i brought over with me.

BUT, surprise surprise... I found the Springbok shop on the Gold Coast and they had - you guessed it - Koffiehuis! I stocked up Koffiehuis and more 5 Roses cos those were running out. :)

Found a stack of things in that shop and ended up shopping up a little storm. Hubby said - close your eyes and pay! :D

Pam

Trapsuutjie

If you are a coffee connoisseur you will love Aus. This is where you will find the best coffee's in the world. The quality and taste of coffee here is far better than anywhere else. You need to experience a "Flat White" or ''Long Black" in any coffee shop in Aus to really apreciate the taste.

With regards to instant coffee, you can buy a variety of different brands, personnally I prefer Nescafe Gold but your choices are endless.

You can buy SA brands at the SA shops, but really Ricoffee, Frisco, Koffiehuis is not even coffee it is sigorei :ilikeit:;):thumbdown: Nee regtig, ons bly mos darem nou in 'n eerste wereldse land!!

I promise you "boeretroos" smaak baie lekkerder in Aus as in SA

Do the Aussies have Jacobs (freeze dried) ???

You have'nt had coffee until you've had Jacobs.

NOW THERE'S A COFFEE SNOB FOR YOU

:ilikeit:

Shhh..listen...yes, it's my bottle of Jacobs calling...gotta run...cheers

Trapsuutjie

You can buy SA brands at the SA shops, but really Ricoffee, Frisco, Koffiehuis is not even coffee it is sigorei :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown: Nee regtig, ons bly mos darem nou in 'n eerste wereldse land!!

I'm confused - please help me understand... What on earth does living in a first world country have to do with whether you drink coffee or chicory? :wacko:

Shame on you all, is it not time to realise that everybody has his own tastes?

At home I drink Nescafe Gold, nothing wrong with it as far as I am concerned. When I am out and about town, I drink a flat white, something to look forward to.

Shall we all try to be a little more tolerant about peoples choices! Come on kids, play nice now!

There's chicory... and then there's coffee

you go Leon (just stirring a little) pardon the pun

:jester:

Tjaart

Edited by TjaartvdW

The FUN about moving to a new country is to try everything at least once (Food that is)!

I believe it is important not to cling to our old habbits too much, I realize we are creatures of habbit, but live a little you might be surprised what you like!

Try moving to an Island in the Indian Ocean with a Forex problem! No cheese for months, potatoes (when you get it) that has started to grow before you get to use it etc. Australia is heaven! Ne Liezel?

My advice is buy the little bottles and try various coffees etc until you find your brand.

Hubby likes STRONG coffee and drinks Nescafe Espesso

Myself and our son likes Nescafe Mild roast

As far as chicory is concerned - as far as I know it is a root similar to a potatoe that is used as a filler in coffee (to make is more and cheaper) same as pumpkin is used in jam.

I need some advise too. What is a latte?

Lovies

Nilo

A "latte" is short for the Italian Cafe- Latte- which means Coffee with milk - a shot of cofee and the same amount of milk. Italian kids have this for breakfast with biscuits.

Try an Affogatto - Yum - A Hot Expresso poured over Ice Cream or a Granita - Iced Expresso coffee.

They have some great coffee shops here and most make really good coffee.

Regarding so call instant coffess , I like Mocana coffee , otherwise I have expresso out of an expresso pot.

One more coffee lover!!!!

Hoekom drink ons almal nie sommer net van die lekker wyne hier nie....en dan baklei ons sommer ook lekker saam. Ga!

Betsy

PS. Good for you Mara!