Sponsorship wanted

Mark Whitaker

Hi Mark, Do you mean that you need a sponsor to sponsor you to come work in Aus? I take it that you are a New Zealand Citizen if you have a NZ passport (not sure though :ilikeit: ) But if this is the case I do not think you need a sponsor to be legally allowed to work in Aus. The following is a quote from the department of immigration Aus.

As a general rule, only Australia citizens, Australian permanent residents - that is, migrants who are not yet Australian citizens - and New Zealand citizens who have entered Australia on a valid passport, have unrestricted rights to employment in Australia. any other foreign national who wants to work in Australia must have a temporary visa that allows employment.

Here is the link http://www.immi.gov.au/faq/work/work06.htm

If you need a sponsor for other reasons have a look on some of the employment websites www.seek.com.au http://www.careerone.com.au/ You can also apply for a position direct from an Australian company's website and some are definitely willing to sponsor people with the right education and experience.

Hope this helps.

Being born in Auckland, New Zealand and holding a current N.Z. passport puts you in the envious position of being able to just swan up at the airport in Australia, show them the N.Z. passport and set up shop.

No work permit needed.

No entry permit.

The Australian immigration will give you a "special visa" in your passport, on the spot, allowing you to stay permanently and work without restriction. . . . . the same deal the Kiwis give to Australians going to live and work in New Zealand.

Welcome to the club, Mark!

Dear Mark,

I’ve had a look at your CV and although I am not an expert, I would like to suggest that you add your period and date of employment and exact location for each position you held,

Good luck!

Pippa

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Mark......are you there.......anybody out there........???

Sort of now would be a good time to respond and clarify if you really are serious about your request! A bit difficult to respond and assist with your scant information.

Tell us more...why would you need a sponsor if you have an NZ passport?

C'bug