189 visa invite but spouse on STSOL list

pinkpanda

Hi

I wanted to find out about Australia PR 189 visa. 

I submitted an EOI for my skill MLTSSL. I added my spouse to my EOI with her skill being STSOL.
I only claimed points for her English (IELTS 8+), not for her skills and I got invited to submit a 189 visa with 65 points.

1. Can I still claim 5 points for her English test even though the primary applicant has an MLTSSL and the spouse has STSOL?

2. On the Australia skilled points list, when I do the points calculation, I get higher points as opposed to when I submit an EOI, why is that?

3. Because my spouse's skill is an STSOL will my points drop to 60 points when I am assigned to a case manager? Will my visa be rejected?

On the skills calculator it claims Your spouse or de facto partner must also be an applicant for this visa and has competent English

For you to be eligible for the award of these points your partner must be an applicant for the same visa subclass and must not be an Australian permanent resident or an Australian citizen

Please can you advise

Many thanks

Assuming your partner is included as a migrating dependent within your visa application (and is not e.g. an Australian) and has the required evidence of Competent English - this is independent of requiring a skills assessment.
The sections you have copied in do not discuss any need for a skills assessment.   

I hope that helps - welcome to the forum.

• 2 weeks later...