Advice regarding documentation for PR Visa

VorsterE

Good day All,

I trust that you are all doing well.

We want to start the processing of applying for PR Visa's.

We are both professional accountants.  I know that we will need to do the english test and skills assessment but is still unsure of all other documents that we might need.

We are in the process of getting our academic transcripts ect for the skills assessment. 

Will you suggest getting all documentation in order before we apply for EOI.

How long is the skills assessment valid for?

How long is the English test valid for?

When do we apply for police clearance?

Advice on a timeline on when to get what documents will be much appreciated.

Will we need unabridged marriage certificate and birth certificates for my husband and myself.

Any help will be much appreciated.

On 10/4/2022 at 1:02 AM, VorsterE said:

Will you suggest getting all documentation in order before we apply for EOI.

How long is the skills assessment valid for?

How long is the English test valid for?

For the purposes of the Main Applicant using a Skills Assessment / English Test for the occupation Accountant - these are generally valid for 3 years for the purposes of one of the skilled visa applications.

I generally suggest people do collect most of the required documentation prior to the EOI, especially if it is related to points so that you know that you can obtain it and things can move swiftly following after invitation.  However, it is not essential and for some documents, and depending upon your circumstances/aims there may be some benefit in delaying some documents, such as a police clearance - but it is an individual choice.

If you are looking for assistance with an application please feel free to contact me.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Tee, this is much appreciated.  

We would like to get all our documents except for police clearance and medical before applying for EOI.

Where can I get more information regarding our qualification?

I have a Bcom Degree from the University of Pretoria and a Honours degree in Accounting from the university of South Africa.  I know that we will need the transcripts but where can I find out if we will need the syllabus for the course as well?

Kind regards,