Visitor VISA 600 (Health Insurance before Arrival)

Aleku

Greetings All,

I applied for Visitor VISA for MIL around mid January 2022.

We have finally heard back from Home Affairs with a request for more information.

They need proof of sufficient health insurance. I was thinking of buying a policy with BUPA but am not sure if I can buy a policy that activates on arrival of Policy Holder.

Has anyone done something like this?

I will ring up BUPA in the morning, but just wanted to get ideas before heading out tomorrow.

thanks

BUPA will be able to talk you through how they work their process to provide Health Insurance for the visitor visa.

Thanks @TeeTMI

Spoke to BUPA today and turns out, I could buy a policy with a future start date and I can still amend further if VISA process takes longer.

thanks

19 hours ago, Aleku said:

Thanks @TeeTMI

Spoke to BUPA today and turns out, I could buy a policy with a future start date and I can still amend further if VISA process takes longer.

thanks

Yep - given that they have so many people coming at a later date they adjust like this (but always best to get it from their mouths so you have something to go back to) - all the best with the application.