Couper

Couper

Hi, 

I am single mom with two kids immigrating to Australia from South Africa within the next few months.  I have an Australian passport, my two boys have South Africa passports. We are literally arriving with our bags on our backs and would appreciate any assistance.  I have a very limited budget. 
What would be the best option for short term accommodation in Sydney during the time that I apply for work? 
What would be the best way ti enroll my boys in school.  Are there thrift stores where old school uniform could be purchased? 

I would sincerely appreciate any assistance. 
Regards,

A hard working mom 

• 1 month later...

Welcome to the forum - sorry I can't answer your question as I don't know Sydney.

For School Uniforms you might ask the schools if they have a specific shop associated with them for 2nd hand uniforms - many schools seem to.  You might also try e.g. a FaceBook page that is specific to the neighbourhood of the school your children will be attending.

Hello?

For accommodation, could you try to identify Churches within the neighbourhood you prospect to stay in and ask if they (congregation) can assist?

For uniforms, approaching the school might be your best option.

Am not sure if it's widespread, but the school our kids go to has a donation pot where wellwishers drop something for someone in need. You might get lucky.

Hi @Couper

Pop me a message and we might be able to help you out with a month of free accomodation on the central coast (North of Sydney), train from down the road goes direct to the city - we have kids as well
https://www.facebook.com/nfoyn

Edited by Nev
  • Like 1