Applying for 417/462 Visa with a dependent

Tamar

Good Morning

I hoe you are well?

Please I need some advice please. I am a South African, I would like to apply for a Work visa. I have a little boy of 4 years of age.

I was told with the 417/462 Visa no dependents are allowed, when I had asked the one agent i was told that my son could go on a SC600 visitors visa.

May someone please assist me as I can not leave my little one behind.

I am on the Skills shortage list, at the moment I am in IT ( Business Development Manager) , I have 10 years of experience within the Travel and Tourism Industry. May someone please guide me in the right direction.

Thanking you in Advance.

Those are work visas right?  South Africans aren't eligible for those unless you have dual citizenship from a country they do allow: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/work-holiday-462/first-work-holiday-462#Eligibility

Work visas don't allow you to bring any dependents with you and only give you work rights for 12 months and then you have to leave Australia.

What are you trying to achieve ultimately?  I suggest you run through the visa finder: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-finder

Also, I would not speak to that agent again if they suggested that visa for you.  There was clearly no understanding of the requirements.

Welcome to the Forum

The 417 and 462 are two different Working Holiday visas.  I assume that you have an appropriate passport for one of those visas (a South African passport is not eligible).  Assuming you were eligible it is a requirement that you must not be accompanied by a dependent child at any time (on any other visa) whilst you were in Australia holding this visa.

As you say the occupation  ICT Business Development Manager is listed for some of the skilled visas - for example:

• Employer Nominated Subclasses  482 or 494 
  • Skilled Independent- State Sponsored 190 or 491

All of these visas would permit you to be accompanied by a dependent child - you might look further at these. 
As part of the process your qualifications/work experience will be assessed to check whether they are appropriate/eligible for the type of visa being applied for.