Government 2020–21 Migration Program Report

TeeTMI

The Dept. of Home Affairs has published its 2020/21 Migration Program Report.

Executive Summary  (copied from the report)
The total permanent Migration Program outcome for 2020–21 was 160,052 places.
The breakdown for each of the streams within the Migration Program was as follows:

• 79,620 places were delivered in the Skill stream;
  • 77,372 places were delivered in the Family stream; and
  • 54 places were delivered in the Special Eligibility stream.
  • The outcome of Child stream for the year was 3,006 places.

For the 2020-21 program year, the Migration Program outcome departed from a two-thirds/one-third split
between the Skill and Family streams seen over recent history and moved towards a fifty-fifty split between
the streams.
Overall Migration Program lodgements dropped by 9.3 per cent from 174,170 in 2019-20 to 157,989 in 2020-
COVID-19 had a major influence on the delivery of the Migration Program in 2020-21. The global impact of
COVID-19 saw disruptions to supporting services such as English Language testing, biometrics and health
and character checking. The Department took COVID-19 disruptions into account in processing throughout
the year, for example in providing extended time periods for applicants to complete requirements where
appropriate. The Department focussed on finalising grant ready application where possible and in line with
priority processing directions. This approach has meant that refusal rates were lower than seen in previous
years.

Within the Skilled stream:

•  The Employer Sponsored category had an outcome of 23,503 places. Employer Sponsored visas
  • comprised 29.5 per cent of the Skill stream outcome in 2020–21;
  •  The Skilled Independent category had an outcome of 7,213 places (9 per cent);
  •  The Regional category had an outcome of 13,585 places (17 per cent of Skill outcome). Of this, 10,675
  • places were delivered in Skilled Work Regional and 2,910 places in Skilled Employer Sponsored
  • Regional;
  •  The State/Territory Nominated category had an outcome of 14,268 places (17.9 per cent);
  •  The Business Innovation and Investment Program (BIIP) had an outcome of 11,198 places (14 per cent);
  •  The Global Talent category had an outcome of 9,584 places (12 per cent); and
  •  The Distinguished Talent category had an outcome of 269 places (0.3 per cent).

The number of places delivered to Registered Nurses (3,670) was higher than any other occupation across
the Skill stream with the highest number of places delivered in the State/territory nominated (1,537) and
Regional (1,353) categories for this occupation.

I wonder how many of the successful applicants actually had the oppertunity to travel to Aus given the lack of flights! Thank you for the update TeeTMI, I hope next year is a more profitable year for you!

18 hours ago, CyberJoe said:

I wonder how many of the successful applicants actually had the oppertunity to travel to Aus given the lack of flights! Thank you for the update TeeTMI, I hope next year is a more profitable year for you!

The costs of flights and quarantine were/are horrendous.  Yes, I too am hoping things will start to pick up next year.