887 Visa Application

Weswin79

Question

Evening All,

I am in the process of submitting our 887 Visa application after completing 2 years in Aus on our 489 Visas.

I am 80% into the application and it is asking for current or previous visa details.

When I enter the current 489 Visa Grant number it gives me an error saying incorrect visa number format.

Has anyone had this issue and how do you correct it?

I have the initial Immi Visa Grant letter open yet I cant get this to work.

Thanks in advance. 

3 answers to this question

I haven't seen what a 489 visa letter looks like, but I know our visa grant had like 3 references on it.  Have you tried all the references on your letter?

You might try the following

If you click the 'i' button it may provide some advice on what format the application is expecting. 

Ensure no blank spaces before / after

Potentially check your VEVO to see hoe the number is detailed there

and as Chris says - check that you are using the correct number

13 hours ago, ChrisH said:

I haven't seen what a 489 visa letter looks like, but I know our visa grant had like 3 references on it.  Have you tried all the references on your letter?

Evening Chris and TeeTmi,

I have tried all 3 numbers on the immigrant notification (Visa Grant Number, Application ID and Transaction reference number). None of them work as I continue to get the following error: 

The following errors have been encountered:

I have also been onto the Vevo site and I get the exact same details as what I have in the immigrant notification.

Very frustrating. Tried calling Home affairs today but they are not accepting calls unless it is linked to Afghanistan visa requests at the moment.