Breaking the news to family about immigration...

PieterleRoux

17 hours ago, PieterleRoux said:

Then, a very close call yesterday just reminded us again about one of the reasons we decided to make the move. 

We were in the exact same boat, at the time they were holding up whole restaurants (Midrand/Centurion area) and forcing everybody to hand over valuables.  A child also got caught in crossfire at the Centurion lifestyle centre.

Centurion seems to have become a mess, I see there are another incident at Centurion Mall in August 2020.

4 hours ago, ChrisH said:

We were in the exact same boat, at the time they were holding up whole restaurants (Midrand/Centurion area) and forcing everybody to hand over valuables.  A child also got caught in crossfire at the Centurion lifestyle centre.

Centurion seems to have become a mess, I see there are another incident at Centurion Mall in August 2020.

Sad part is there are areas much worse than Centurion. I can list a whole bunch of things here, but that's not the reason for this thread. Centurion just another area that has caught up with the crime

I do think there is a point which is the final straw. I was wrongfully detained by TMPD in Irene trying to extort a bribe from me. They threatened to rape my wife if we don't pay them R2000-00 each. That was the point I realized that we seriously need to look outside SA.

Now each time something happens. Shooting, taxi jumping traffic lights almost hitting us, stone throwing by rubbish collectors (one broken car windshield later) etc. I get more and more anxious to finalize our move. Feels like time is standing still with our move...

Received our police clearance yesterday... For some reason they did not include my wife's maiden name on the certificate as requested. Receiving mixed feedback on different platforms if this will be an issue. But will request new one anyway when picking these up just to be safe. 

Seeing some extended family over the weekend. (Wife's aunt). Her son is already in Canada so believe this will be a better discussion. 

Will do a write up later on how this journey of informing family has been and what I've learned. Hopefully this will help someone else

Thanks again for all that assisted so far. Really appreciate it 

Did you come right with the police clearance?

I am still waiting for mine and its one of the last documents my must submit.

On 10/16/2021 at 8:28 AM, RuanJvR said:

Did you come right with the police clearance?

I am still waiting for mine and its one of the last documents my must submit.

Will try and resolve it this week...

My mother-in-law passed away last week so with family flying in and the funeral arrangements, we did not have much time to follow up

But did speak to company that assisted us with the clearance and they are hopeful that they can request a re-issue that should not take as long as the original.

Sorry for your news.

On 10/15/2021 at 3:45 PM, PieterleRoux said:

Received our police clearance yesterday... For some reason they did not include my wife's maiden name on the certificate as requested. Receiving mixed feedback on different platforms if this will be an issue. But will request new one anyway when picking these up just to be safe.

Yes this would be an issue (re RSA PCCs) if police clearance is required. 

Thanks everyone...

Manage to request a re-issue on the PCC that has her maiden surname on it. Ready to be collected 

Edited by PieterleRoux