Citizenship Application

RussellJ

Question

Hi Guys,

Doing Citizenship application, just wanted clarity on one question.
My kids arrived in Aus on RSA Passport A. RSA Passport A has since expired.
We have since obtained new Passports for them, RSA Passports B.

When filling in information for kids in citizenship application, do we use Passport A information or Passport B?

4 answers to this question

Hi @RussellJ

When you got the new Passport B, did you update the visa in ImmiAccount with the new passport B details? It takes very quick to do (few minutes the last time I did it). 

If so, then I would imagine you would use Passport B for your citizenship application.

Of course... *disclaimer* that I haven't done my citizenship application yet so this is just my thought - might be a good idea to call Home Affairs (https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/contact-us). 

Hi @FingersCrossed,

Thanks for the response.

I did update immi account with Passport B at the time of receiving it. I too also thought that it should be Passport B.
The question seems quite specific though which made me ask the question: "" 

Some other resources say that I should use the Passport A as it is the one they entered with and also attach copy of Passport B.

Best advice is to call and check.

My experience - We just did our citizenship interview and test in June and I included our expired SA passports to evidence the stamp but also because they asked if I had other citizenships and I have several.

key difference I suppose is that I have current passports from another country which we linked our visas to once they expired. 

I just went with being completely transparent - can’t get into trouble for full disclosure 😊

In the interview they never even asked about it. 

Note though that was just my experience so please do your own research. 

Edited by Dugong

We needed to enter both for the kids, details of the passports they entered on and then the current passport details