Travel FROM Australia to SA 2021

YolandeDuplessis

Hello to Everyone

I really hope I can find some information. My brother, an Australian Citizen, must travel TO South Africa, but I cannot seem to find any recent information on quarantine protocols for arriving in South Africa.

What I did manage to find was travel.co.za (https://www.travelstart.co.za/lp/international-travel-information), but am not sure if the information is up to date.

ALSO, are there any Qantas flights to South Africa as it seems that Qantas has ground flights to SA?

I know this is a bit otherwise for this forum, but I am hoping that someone will know something.

Yolande 

As far as I'm aware there is no quarantine in South Africa, just when he comes back.  Singapore airlines is the only one flying at the moment AFAIK, but I have no idea how you actually get onto a flight as you can't book them online.

Thank you so much Chris!

Yes, not being able to book online does present a problem. 

• 5 months later...

Hi Yolande, I don't want to sound like the pessimist here but I have heard so many stories of people leaving Aus when they can get a flight out and then getting stuck in South Africa (or whatever country they went to) for months on end because our international borders have been closed or they simply just can't get flights back to Aus. My daughter has a classmate currently stuck in New Zealand (and they don't know how long for) both because of no flights and current travel restrictions which have been imposed because of the current outbreaks in Sydney and Melbourne. I would be asking the question "do I really need to travel given the current situation?"

No judgment here, just want to make people think about the long term consequences. So many Saffa's here have lost the jobs because of being stuck there with no idea of when they will be able to return.

Thank you HadEnoughofJuju, it was an emergency at the time with our father being ill, but we did see all the difficulties and problems and my brother didn't come to South Africa. It was a tough decision to make, but better than him getting stuck here.

• Like 1