Now home for pets

MichaelvdBerg

MichaelvdBerg

Hi,

I wanted to hear how some of you guys went about finding new homes for your pets that might have stayed behind. I really don't want to take them to a shelter as that would be the very last resort but currently trying to rehome a jack russel and 2 cats. 

Did you advertise or please share some ideas.

Thanks

Mike

We homed and settled our our gorgeous Dachshund with my Mother-in-law before we left. Then due to a change in circumstances, we painfully had to move both MIL to a retirement village and find a new home for our sausage dog a couple of years later. After much searching we were introduced to Cape Dachshund Rescue and they were absolutely amazing in finding him a wonderful new home. 5 years later I am still in contact with them and get photos and updates on the wonderful life he's now living (although he's now a very old man).

I'd suggest chatting to a similar Jack Russell group - I see that there's one on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/JackRusselRescue) but you could search for others. There's also a few South African cat adoption groups on Facebook and so perhaps reach out to one of them too.