We've started the process...

Die Ficks

Hi there :ilikeit:

We as a family has also started the process. Currently busy with obtaining the necessary documentation for skills assessment as accountant to the CPAA. There are four of us: Dad, mom, Heinrich(2.5 years) and Reinhard (10 months). Mom is into IT - SAP HR.

Just a question to those of you who used agents. I am still a bit unsure as to whether we should use an agent to prepare the actual visa application? Any opinions?

Thanks

Sebastiaan

Hi Sebastiaan

Take a look at the application - it is really quite a simple document, your hands just get a bit sore with all the writing! Most questions you may have with regards to actual info required can easily be answered by the many people on this forum who have already been through the process!

I always say that if you have a straightforward application then do it yourself, if there are complications then you may be better off enlisting the help of an agent. Have a look at this link for some discussion on the topic.

And, before I forget, welcome to the forum!

Cindylou

Sorry Guys :ilikeit:

Ignore my question - I see it has been covered extensively in the Application section. Still trying to read all the sections in this forum :whome:

Sebastiaan

Hi Sebastiaan and family!

Welcome to the forum!

My husband also had his skills assessed as an accountant but with ICAA. Received a positive skills assessment last week :ilikeit: .

Good luck with the process.

Hi there :ilikeit:

We as a family has also started the process. Currently busy with obtaining the necessary documentation for skills assessment as accountant to the CPAA. There are four of us: Dad, mom, Heinrich(2.5 years) and Reinhard (10 months). Mom is into IT - SAP HR.

Just a question to those of you who used agents. I am still a bit unsure as to whether we should use an agent to prepare the actual visa application? Any opinions?

Thanks

Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan - we filled in the skills assessment ourselves and from time of application to visa's in our hand it took exactly 10 weeks - no help from any agents. We were just advised to send in absolutley everything we could about ourselves and our kids.. So if you are good at any sports etc achieved colours in any sports or academics send those certificates in with your application. It seemed to work for us..

Hope this helps and lots of luck...

Heather