Recommendations for international removal company?

Shez

Hi SAAustralia Community:-)

My family and I are in the process of relocating from SA to Oz and in search of a reliable removals company to transport our goods (particularly our trailer). Please advice, as we are sitting with four quotations, but nothing speaks louder than personal experience. Thank you:-)

I used ExecuMove. No complaints there and would recommend. Two of my couch legs got broken, but the insurance covered it no questions asked.

Not sure if it's still the case, but they use Grace movers in AUS to get your belongings from the port to your new home. Handling of belongings was good, but their admin is ridiculously bad. Lots of patience required. 

Thank you so much Janti! They are one of the four quotations we are currently sitting with at present. Our cheapest quote is from a company called Sterdts....have you heard of them by any chance?

Thank you

We used a company called CargoPak - their head office is in Durban, but they do relocation throughout South Africa. They were very professional, reasonably priced & we had no breakages. 

On 8/9/2020 at 9:05 PM, Shez said:

Thank you so much Janti! They are one of the four quotations we are currently sitting with at present. Our cheapest quote is from a company called Sterdts....have you heard of them by any chance?

Thank you

Haven't heard about them no. I think they are all generally okay. People only leave bad reviews (on helloPeter etc) and never good ones. So the feedback is always overwhelmingly negative.

• 4 weeks later...