Jump to content
  • 0

Do I apply for BVB before 864, or the other way around?



Hi everyone,


I'm "new again" to this forum.

Spent a lot of hours here between 2007 & 2008 :)


My mom is visiting here at the moment on a year visitor's visa.


I want to apply for the Contributary Aged Parent 864 visa for her.

Do I first need to apply for the Bridging Visa and then the 864?

Or is it 864 first and then bridging?

I would like for her to stay with me while we're waiting for the 864 to be approved.


Thanks in advance!



Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 answer to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Hi Melanie, welcome back to the Forum


A Bridging visa needs the applicant to hold an eligible visa and to have submitted another eligible visa.   To 'bridge the gap' so to speak between visas. 


Therefore, an applicant would need to have applied for a visa e.g. 864.   As a generalisation - assuming eligible a BVA would be issued as part of the process of application.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...