MorneC: Our 'New' Life in Aus

MorneC

Hi to all on the Forum

We have been reading all the posts on the forum and they have been very inspirational to us so I have decided to join and share our experiences with others and also give motivation to those on the shore waiting to take the plunge!

We arrived here on the first of January and it was a very exciting venture that we have not been disappointed with. I am a stay-at-home mom and I have three children aged 11, 10 and 6. We decided to move to Australia for the children to have a better chance at a successful future in whatever they may decide to do, as well as for their safety. I have always been a very protective mother and life in SA had become too stressful.

Before we left, my husband and I decided it would be better to have very few expectations of what we were getting ourselves into and thus we would have fewer disappointments, this has worked very well for us and we have had a great adventure. We have no family or close friends here and have had many downs with the ups, but I must say that we haven't looked back. My children have never been happier and that alone tells me that we have done the right thing!

To those of you thinking of coming to Aus, JUST DO IT!

This is my first post on the forum but I will gladly share any info with anyone who is new or thinking of coming over. It has been 5 months and I am still bubbling over with excitement about all the wonderful things I come across every day we are here! :)

Thanks to all of you who unknowingly have kept us informed and entertained on the forum!

Chat again soon

Morne(I know in SA it is a guy's name, so here I am a girl at last!!!!!) :ilikeit:

Hi welcome to the forum.

It is good to hear that after 5 months you like Aus so much. Looking forward to hear more.

Regards

Johan

Thanks Morne for such a great post. I am so glad you are settling so well, seeing the kids happy is the best thing ever and helps with the initial guilt.

I just wish that I could put everyone who is thinking of immigrating on a plane right now as the only regret that I have is that we did not move sooner.

I hope you have met some nice people there certainly are tons of ex Saffers in your area.

If you would like to meet up sometime I am not far from you please pm me.

Have a great week