Zig Zag Railway

Riekie

The Zig Zag Railway is about 115km Northwest of Sydney. It is an old steam-train operating in the mountains and we had the most fantastic experience! While hubby & I was standing on the platform, waiting for the train, the driver invited us to ride with him in the locomotive! The train still runs on steam generated from a coal oven & water. While the train was running, they had to shove coal into the oven to keep it going - it was a great experience and an even greater privilege to be invited for this special treat! (Would you believe, the shovel had the SABS sign engraved on it! - Can you imagine how OLD that thing was!!) Here's a few pic's to enjoy.

post-4-1178093232.jpg

Riekie, that first pic, the one of the guy stoking the fire, is brilliant - good enough for any publication, anywhere! The last one will also look very good in any traveler's magazine. Well done!

Thanks Janneman!

I took it (the 1st photo) without my tripod (no space) or flash and just held my breath & hoped for the best! Glad you like it! Sounds like you know your stuff about photography - are you into it as well?

I also liked this one, (from a photographic viewpoint) but thought the other one gives a better impression of the railway journey - the train going through the mountain, and then of course I had to show off hubby as well! :(

Those are indeed great pics Riekie. I am adding them/ the place to my todo list when/if I get to the Sydney area in future.

But you should not let your Husband work so hard shoveling while you have the free ride. :(

But you should not let your Husband work so hard shoveling while you have the free ride. :)

He He!! :(;) Actually you should see him in the kitchen - even MORE impressive!! (No pics of that unfortunately... :( )

Glad you like it! Sounds like you know your stuff about photography - are you into it as well?

Hallo Riekie. Jammer ek reageer nou eers. I do know a little bit about photography, but I'm more clued up with regards to video cameras, etc. Ek was een van die kameramanne wat destyds TV in SA help vestig het.

I own two Pentax Z1 35mm film cameras and a Canon 20D.